Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Characters scoping out houses in Navan

Options
  • 01-12-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Don't usually post here (don't live in Meath), however I thought I should just post a warning.

My wife was staying with her parents in the Athlumney area of Navan last night. They had just gone to bed when someone started ringing the doorbell constantly. They were a bit confused by this and didn't do anything, putting it down to kids messing, when someone then banged on the upstairs bedroom window where my wife was staying. At this point her mother went to the other front room and kept the light off to look out and she saw a man, probably 30-40 years old, well dressed and with a scarf. He was standing just in front of the driveway. Then a young guy, about 19 in a tracksuit appears at the window (he was standing on the roof above the porch). She opened the window and shouted "Get the f*** out of here", the young guy jumps off the roof onto their car (smashing the windscreen) and they both leg it up the road into a small car and drive off.

It seems to me like they were checking the house to make sure it was empty before trying to break in. So just thought I would put this out there in case anyone see similar suspicious activity by these people.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

Thanks for the heads up. I'm living in the same area at the moment. There have been a number of break-ins in my estate over the last few weeks. Time to get some contents insurance me thinks. Will be sleeping with one eye open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Bit of mooching going on in Athboy as well. Two guys, both young and well dressed, trying to sell furniture in the one place and asking for roofing and tarmacing work in the next...as far as I can see they're just chancing their arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

Had my house broken into in Dunboyne on fri 2 Dec. Anyone see anyone strange around the Kennedy Road / back road.

Advertisement