Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does storage cost?

Options
  • 01-12-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I know it probably varies a lot, but I just want to get some idea.

I'll be living in another country for 12 months and I need to store our household contents. Some furniture, some boxes, etc. (Yes, we'll get rid of a lot of stuff but there's no point in throwing stuff out that we'll have to replace when we get back.)

At the moment I have two options: my dad has offered that I can buy a shed and store it in his garden. This would cost maybe €2000 for the shed. Or we can rent storage somewhere for the year, which would be more secure and climate controlled (and more expensive?).

The storage companies don't give any indication of price on their websites. You have to contact them for a quote. Does anyone know what it typically costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭f9710145

10ft x 10ft (x10ft high) space in most on Northside Dublin is €40something per week. We had contents of a house in for a few weeks recently. They say that size suits furniture from a 3 bed house. TBH if you mail them you'll get quotes back pretty quickly along with a few phone calls, and many have deals such as book 2 mths, get third free, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hibby

Thanks for the advice. I got a quote of €195 per 4 weeks for 100 square feet, with various reductions as you said.

Advertisement