Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Repairs - best place?

Options
  • 01-12-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

I have a water damaged HTC phone that I'm looking to get fixed and looking for suggestions on the best place to get it fixed.
    I already brought it to Electronic Partner (above GPO) and they quoted me €170 to repair it. However I'm really dubious about their quotation from past experience - they previously quoted me €99 to replace the screen of a 3rd gen iPod Touch, while the dude in Fonenet on Dominick St said he'd do it for €45! So I really think it's worth looking around before I pay them that much money!
    I've been recommended the electronic repair place just off Edward Sq - opposite Arabica, but I went in this afternoon and the guy who owns/runs it is on Skype from his sickbed in China (!!!), his wife/partner is in there doing customer service at the moment but they can't do any services til he gets back, which she tells me will probably be in a few months!
    Anyone any recommendations or experience to share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Dont know anything about this crowd or even if they do phones but there is a new computer place opposite TKMaxx who have a sign on the window paying 'free troubleshooting' and 'no fix no fee'. Might be worth a try.

Advertisement