Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New minecraft server brand new untouched.

• 01-12-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Vannila survival server, cracked/non cracked
    Just made it, passing it around atm trying to get a ball rolling.
    Will make all the irish Op's ;D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭RovinPirate

it's down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Where is it hosted?

OH hey, I forgot my user here is different to MC, I'm RobynD. Sorry I skidadled so quickly earlier, I'm trying to review an English essay that's due by 5! I'll probably play later, after a bit of study!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Adeanlol

Its up, just host it in my house, no lag issues that I know of

Server is really coming along, you should say what plugins we have dean o.o

• Advertisement

I wouldn't recommend going on this server

I was killed constantly within seconds of being on the server

I asked why, and an admin told me to shut up and stop annoying him as it was too early in the morning

There were people griefing and constantly killing me, and another admin said he didnt know how to kick or ban people or stop it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

I was put in jail for 5 minutes because I gave out that the admins weren't banning someone who was clearly killing everyone. Got blamed for killing people myself

Hi sorry about this morning. the server was only a day old and was pretty maliciously attacked by greifers. we have had to restart the map.
    Laura-con. jujumushu? was put in jail for being annoying, constantly yelling at me to ban. I COULDN'T ban because they had been op'd by a hacker.
    also waking up, rolling out of bed, logging on to what you thought was a mellow server and getting a torrent of abuse is just not nice.

We are trying to make the server nice for everyone to play on.

If you want a hand protecting it, let me know!

You should teach your admins how to ban and kick!

I was not abusing you, you were being rude. You said "No punching or killing" and stated if anyone was doing anything to report to an Admin or Mod and you'd deal with it. I, along with three other people, had just complained about being attacked and killed by the same person, and not until you'd put me in jail for complaining, did you do anything about him.

I realise how hard it is being an admin, I spend 90% of my time doing it. There is no need to be rude and blaming just being out of bed for being rude and putting people in jail for no reason it just that, rude. If you were in a paying job you would be fired for that sort of behaviour.

• Advertisement

lol just so you know i'm the admin you are complaining about
    i'm not the owner of the server.
    and i couldn't ban or kick, they'd op'd themselves so they had higher powers than myself.

You were an op too.. How did they op themselves?

i was dealing with your complaints.
    trying to, not a lot i can do against someone with more power than i have.
    and i said i was dealing with it yet you kept complaining then started insulting me.
    i am trying. i've been admin of another server and a website before and never had this kind of abuse ._.

Tallon wrote: »
    You were an op too.. How did they op themselves?

i have no idea o.o
    every time i tried to jail or kick or ban the thing was like "you cannot ban/kick this player"

Tallon wrote: »
    If you want a hand protecting it, let me know!

You should teach your admins how to ban and kick!

If you know of any plugins that are good for protecting that would be cool,
    we had lockette and some of the "essentials" plugin

i have no idea o.o
    every time i tried to jail or kick or ban the thing was like "you cannot ban/kick this player"

That's because they were opped... you need to /deop [playername] first...then kick or ban. You can't kick or ban Ops without deopping

you could have told me that instead of giving out ._.
    but now i know
    right now we are ip banning some people to stop it happening again on the new map

Probably wise, but remember, professional griefers will change their ip address. Remember, a zero tolerance policy is pretty much the only way to make sure people don't wreck the place :)

Yup we were just saying how much we hate tech savy greifers.
    we will probably just perma jail them ._.
    still trying to fix what plugins and stuff we need
    oh and i tried doing the de-op then kick and it works :D

DUE TO ABSOLUTE CHAOS CAUSED BY HACKERS AND GREIFERS WE ASK YOU NOT TO LOG IN TILL WE SAY ITS SAFE TO DO SO.

• Advertisement

should be good to go now guys.

When using a cracked server there a .exe file that can hack them~
    Granting OP and logging into other players accounts
    So the server was under alot of pressure, we have gotten the addons and such to fix it now so its all good.

Wait wait wait, this is a cracked server?

FFS I wouldn't have joined had I known that

lol cracked and non cracked its mentioned in thread.

You just mentioned it in your last post!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No chat about illegal material. OP, feel free to PM me regarding your server and its details. However as its deemed to be 'cracked', I'm locking this for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement