Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a small gripe

Options
  • 01-12-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Just as I reported some spam there I was posting the URL to the thread and noticed that if you post a link without using the link button, it just shows as text. I know you're able to name your links so to speak with this function, but would it be possible to make it like some site where when you post a URL it appears as a click-able link.
    I know it's such a minor gripe but people often post links just as text and I bet they don't get clicked as much.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hmm, I thought they did do that. Which editor are you using, advanced or standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Spear wrote: »
    Hmm, I thought they did do that. Which editor are you using, advanced or standard?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75769326#post75769326
    I'm not sure, I'm using firefox on a mac if that helps?
    That's what happens if I just copy and paste a link.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75769326#post75769326
    I'm not sure, I'm using firefox on a mac if that helps?
    That's what happens if I just copy and paste a link.

I can't see that thread.

I use Firefox, and simply pasting in a thread in either editor mode usually leads to the URL tags being auto-added.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Spear wrote: »
    I can't see that thread.

I use Firefox, and simply pasting in a thread in either editor mode usually leads to the URL tags being auto-added.
    Oh, it seems to work for me too.
    Sorry I was sure it didn't:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,495 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It looks like text initially, it doesn't turn into a link until it is posted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement