Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GHD Tutorial

• 01-12-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

I got a wide plate GHD a couple of years ago but have never used it! Would love to straighten my hair for a night out. Could anyone point me in the direction of any good youtube (or other) tutorials that would be good for someone who is completely clueless about straightening! I have waist length curly hair. Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jenniflower87

I dont know of any videos but the main thing you need is patience, or someone else to do it lol. Sections are best, the smaller the better. The more you do it the better you'll get at it. Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

These two videos are made by GHD themselves, they are the tutorials that you get on the disc that comes with your straightener. I have the wide plate one myself, and the first tutorial was on a CD with mine, it's really useful cause I have super thick curly hair :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks guys and thanks for posting those youtube videos:) My son has been at me for ages to straighten it, so think I'll have a look at those videos and give it a try later. I do lack patience however so fingers crossed it goes well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

My own personal tip - If you're straightening it from wet, blow dry and straighten each section as you go along, instead of blow drying it all, then straightening, Wet hair is easier to separate and you will also be able to tell what's been straightened and what hasn't, alot easier :) Just something I find easier myself,having long thick hair!

Advertisement