Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Mines gone too, the *****

take over 60 @ 6/5 to avoid an absolute nightmare?

there'll never be exactly 6 surely...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

magherakid wrote: »
    have we a leg to stand on here?

I'm working on it ..gonna get them to reinstate bet at price market rate at time around 10/11..should break even..maybe get a slightly better price

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Headshot wrote: »
    AVB seems to trust Luiz alot and Alex handed in a transfer request so I dont think he'll be playing
    That's a definite I'd say - link

Read another article earlier which said that Anelka and Luiz are only allowed to train with reserves and have had their lockers cleared out in the first team dressing room, can't find the link now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

might want to keep big arbs private from now on......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Yardie wrote: »
    I'm working on it ..gonna get them to reinstate bet at price market rate at time around 10/11..should break even..maybe get a slightly better price

Let us know how you got on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Regarding the Kettering game tomorrow night.
    Can be got at 9/5 -2 on P power.
    Should be considered aslong as the game goes ahead.

http://www.footballtradedirectory.com/news/2011/december/conference-side-may-struggle-to-field-a.html

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

might want to keep big arbs private from now on......

A shame, but fully understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

liverpool are very lucky that scidhffhsjkgbji or whatever they called in denmark didnt score, they would cost me some serious money

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Regarding the Kettering game tomorrow night.
    Can be got at 9/5 -2 on P power.
    Should be considered aslong as the game goes ahead.

http://www.footballtradedirectory.com/news/2011/december/conference-side-may-struggle-to-field-a.html

what has me worried is the away team looks pretty bad

Let us know how you got on

Drama Drama Drama

Many apologies about this clusterfvk lads.

It is very difficult to get a straight answer out of Sporting Bet and am in contact with supervisor now.

I have a solution but Please DM me as I don't want this going public.

Again sorry for the hassle lads but should be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Useful advice on this treble for Champions League? What would you be having on instead?

Man City v Bayern BTTS 4/6
    Porto v Zenit BTTS 8/11
    Chelsea v Valencia OVER 2.5 4/5
    @ 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Genk +1 @ 7/5 - Unbeaten at home in Champions League so far and will want to put in a good performance after being humiliated in the last round. Great value here especially considering Leverkusen's patchy away form.

Also keep an eye on Arsenal team for tomorrow, available +1 at 5/6 at the minute and Olympiacos have a massive injury list currently.

Also Genk on the corner match bet are usually fairly good, can't find any odds now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Bleh neither PP or Bet have player bookings for Chelsea tomorrow.I'd be all over Luiz otherwise :(

Ok lads proper business for tomorrow night:

Olympiakos vs Arsenal:

Over 3.5 cards @ 4/5 on bet 365 and 50 points or more @15/8 or Paddy's.

Mallenco in charge is pretty card happy. Huge game for Olympiakos as they can still qualify so by no means a dead rubber. Arsenal playing some B string lads so will be keen to impress and will be under serious pressure in hostile stadium. frimpong likely to start to defo on him to be booked if PP give a price. 5 cards in first tie between sides. Same again tomorrow will do nicely

Porto vs Zenit

Over 6 Asian cards @ 1.950 on bet365

Gutted that sporting bet took away bg price and still looking for answer form them. Arb resolved hope anyone who followed sorted it and isn't hoping for unders as this should be cards fest.
    Winner takes all with strict Spaniard Velasco in charge. 65 points first time sides met. Both of Porto's home games have seen 90 points or more.

Chelsea/ Valencia

Over 56 booking points @ 11/10 on Stanjames

Rocchi the ref is not too strict but with so much at stake and so many card candidates on both sides it should have decent chance of 6 yellows. 6 cards the first leg of this tie. As Headshot pointed out David Luiz is an essential bet to see yellow, good chance of red for the lad.

Large singles and also small bit on treble is 5.66/1 on bet365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Would the Porto game translate to over 60 pts with paddypower? apologies but these markets are new to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Having a fiver on these two in form strikers for tomorrow...

Hulk insurebet @ 13/5
    Lewandowski insurebet @ 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Time to lose some money:o

Bayer should have too much for Genk and will want to top their group with a win.

Olympiakos need to beat a second string Arsenal side at home to have a chance of qualifying.Some interesting opta stats:
    The Gunners have lost two and drawn one of their last three Champions League matches away at Greek sides, failing to score in both of the defeats.
    Arsenal have failed to win any of their last eight final group games which have been away from home (L7 D1). Their last defeat on the final matchday away from home was against Olympiakos in December 2009.

7 out of 10 zenit away games have gone over,7 out of 8 Porto home games.Even though a draw will do Zenit I expect goals,Both sides will be raring to go haven't played in over a week

Milan are the only team to score at the Nou Camp this season.Barca to win to nil is evens tonight on pp.With Real coming up on Saturday they're bound to rest a few players,But the price is still decent.Depends on team news of course.

A double of olympiakos and porto zenit overs and depending on the Barca team will probably go for a double of them to win to nil and Bayer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 singles for me today:
    Barcelona - BATE : under 2.5
    Viktoria Plzen - Milan: draw at HT

Barcelona will play with their youth team as all the first teamers will be rested for the Clasico. I remember the last game of the season last year where they played with their youth team vs Deportivo, they were just passing the ball around in their own half for 90 min, the game ended 0-0. Also, Barca only beat Hospitalet 1-0 and Viktoria Plzen 2-0 at home, they even recently lost 1-0 vs Getafe.
    BATE must win if they want to have a chance of finishing 3rd. They only lost 2-0 away to Milan. I think it will be a similar game to BATE's 0-0 draw away to PSG last year where they played very cautiously knowing that all they needed was 1 goal.

As for Viktoria Plzen, this is what their coach said in the press conference:
    If we get a point we will be through to the Europa League. We are up against tough opponents tomorrow, but I believe it will be a happy ending and we will be playing in Europe after Christmas. That would make us all proud of our performance as newcomers in Europe.The maths is clear. One point will be enough and we will do everything to grab it. We want to win in front of our great fans, who have supported us throughout our Champions League campaign. We would like to play more attacking football, but we are all aware of what is required so we won't take any risks tomorrow.

I think draw at HT is less risky than FT draw, plus the score was 0-0 at HT in the corresponding fixture.

ps: Sorry for the long post :o

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Posts which are thought out and provide information and reasoning on a selection are far more helpful than I've gone for x or y on a hunch.

It allows everyone to make more informed decisions, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

2 singles for me today:
    Barcelona - BATE : under 2.5
    Viktoria Plzen - Milan: draw at HT

I was looking at these fixtures last night and trying to work out bets that I liked - these are better than anything I came up with. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Anyone know what way Asian Cards work on bet365 say i do over 6 and the game ends with 6 cards do i get my stake back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

gna stick bayer in with lasagnas draw ht bet in the milan game.Better chance of happening than the barca to nil maybe,With the team they're lining out that could go a few ways,the 0-0 might be worth a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Anyone know what way Asian Cards work on bet365 say i do over 6 and the game ends with 6 cards do i get my stake back?

That's it

Small stake on Half with Most Goals (2cd half) @15/1. With so much at stake I can see the first halves of these matches being tight affairs with the game opening up come second half as both sides push on. (Hopefully)

Man City v Munich EVS
    FC Basel v United EVS
    Porto v Zenit EVS
    Chelsea v Valencia EVS

Chelsea to win to nil at 21/10 worth a small bet.
    Valencia struggle for goals away from home, only 1 against Genk and Leverkusen combined despite beating both fairly easily at home. Only a small stake as I have some slight worries about Chelsea's defence(i.e Luiz)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 beretta_better

hi,

waz up, lads ? say hello to the newbie :p

razor425 wrote: »
    Valencia struggle for goals away from home, only 1 against Genk and Leverkusen combined despite beating both fairly easily at home. Only a small stake as I have some slight worries about Chelsea's defence(i.e Luiz)

Takes a brave man to bet on Chelsea to keep a clean sheet this season;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 beretta_better

OLYMPIAKOS

Probable Line-Up: Megyeri, Maniatis, Mellberg, Papadopoulos, Torosidis Potouridis, Holebas, Orbaiz, Abdoun, Pantelic, Djebbour

ARSENAL

Probable Line-Up: Fabianski, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Squillaci, Santos, Coquelin, Frimpong, Benayoun, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh, Arshavin

Over 2,5 @2.15 is a MUST

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

razor425 wrote: »

Don't like this at all personally fwiw.

• Advertisement

Takes a brave man to bet on Chelsea to keep a clean sheet this season

Brave or stupid?

I feel Chelsea may have turned a corner at the weekend and Valencia seem very poor away from home. 8 away games in La Liga and Chmapions League this season and only 8 goals. 4 of the league games were against teams in bottom 5/6 of La Liga. At 21/10 I see a little bit of value here. Worth 5 euro imo.

Also Valencia missing a few key players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement