Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

razor425 wrote: »
    Brave or stupid?

I feel Chelsea may have turned a corner at the weekend and Valencia seem very poor away from home. 8 away games in La Liga and Chmapions League this season and only 8 goals. 4 of the league games were against teams in bottom 5/6 of La Liga. At 21/10 I see a little bit of value here. Worth 5 euro imo.

Also Valencia missing a few key players.

Your sample size of Valencia not scoring away from home is pretty small so I wouldn't put massive stock in it. When you consider you're happy enough to dismiss Chelsea's poor defending over a similar sample size it should tell you that you may be reading too much into those stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Just having a brief look through different odds on the phone here but for chelsea I'd fancy over 12 corners at 2/1 and a red card at 5/2. Basically this is due to chelsea having to chase after a couple of goals and putting the pressure on, and that their discipline isn't good either....and we all know what luiz is like! Late in the game if they're struggling then indiscipline will no doubt set in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Genk +1 @ 7/5 - Unbeaten at home in Champions League so far and will want to put in a good performance after being humiliated in the last round. Great value here especially considering Leverkusen's patchy away form.

Also keep an eye on Arsenal team for tomorrow, available +1 at 5/6 at the minute and Olympiacos have a massive currently.

Also Genk on the corner match bet are usually fairly good, can't find any odds now though.

Genk are 11/5 with Bwin for the corner match bet..Huge price IMO.

Genk are pretty strong for corners at home. They drew Corner match bet with both Valencia and Chelsea at home and won the CMB away in Leverkusen.
    In CL Leverksuen won CMB in Valencia but lost it at Chelsea. Leverkusen have also have a terrible corner rate away from home in Bundesliga, averaging under 3 per game and lost 7/8 CMBs this season.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/genk-v-bayer-leverkusen/most-corners

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Your sample size of Valencia not scoring away from home is pretty small so I wouldn't put massive stock in it. When you consider you're happy enough to dismiss Chelsea's poor defending over a similar sample size it should tell you that you may be reading too much into those stats.

That's a fair point, maybe I have the rose tinted glasses on. I just see Chelsea scraping through with a 1-0 or 2-0 here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Genk are pretty strong for corners at home. They drew Corner match bet with both Valencia and Chelsea at home and won the CMB away in Leverkusen.
    In CL Leverksuen won CMB in Valencia but lost it at Chelsea. Leverkusen have also have a terrible corner rate away from home in Bundesliga, averaging under 3 per game and lost 7/8 CMBs this season.

That's a super price, definetly having some of that. Thanks a lot Yardie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

OLYMPIAKOS

Probable Line-Up: Megyeri, Maniatis, Mellberg, Papadopoulos, Torosidis Potouridis, Holebas, Orbaiz, Abdoun, Pantelic, Djebbour

ARSENAL

Probable Line-Up: Fabianski, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Squillaci, Santos, Coquelin, Frimpong, Benayoun, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh, Arshavin

Over 2,5 @2.15 is a MUST

GL

yea over 2.5 missed sitters if Chamakh is in the starting 11 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That's a fair point, maybe I have the rose tinted glasses on. I just see Chelsea scraping through with a 1-0 or 2-0 here though.

Best of luck with the bet either way.

Going for Djebbour anytime goalscorer for Olympiakos tonight @ 2/1 on betfair.

He has scored in his last 9 home league matches for Olympiakos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭buzztastic

Chelsea to win to nil at 21/10 worth a small bet.
    Valencia struggle for goals away from home, only 1 against Genk and Leverkusen combined despite beating both fairly easily at home. Only a small stake as I have some slight worries about Chelsea's defence(i.e Luiz)

Fancy this as well, either gonna do chelsea 1-0 or this, 21/10 is the best price on oddschecker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Yardie wrote: »
    Going for Djebbour anytime goalscorer for Olympiakos tonight @ 2/1 on betfair.

He has scored in his last 9 home league matches for Olympiakos.

yardie any card bet's you fancy tonight ?

• Advertisement

awhir wrote: »
    yardie any card bet's you fancy tonight ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75847559&postcount=435

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/genk-v-bayer-leverkusen/most-corners

Got em at 12/5 to win corners and 10/11 at +2 to cover myself :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Brave or stupid?

I feel Chelsea may have turned a corner at the weekend and Valencia seem very poor away from home. 8 away games in La Liga and Chmapions League this season and only 8 goals. 4 of the league games were against teams in bottom 5/6 of La Liga. At 21/10 I see a little bit of value here. Worth 5 euro imo.

Also Valencia missing a few key players.

6 clean sheets in 22 games this season for Chelsea. Albeit 2 home clean sheets in Champs League against Leverkusen & Genk (not the toughest opposition)

I just wouldn't be confident backing that Chelsea defence to keep a clean sheet at the minute, especially in a game of this magnitude. Soldado will cause trouble up front

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Really wanna get on this but PP don't have it :(

Soby wrote: »
    Got em at 12/5 to win corners and 10/11 at +2 to cover myself :D.

Very nice price from Bet 365. I am gonna have a bit of that Genk +1.5 at evens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

ive gone for
    under 2.5-barca bate
    over 2.5-olympiacos arsenal
    shakthar-much better than the cypriot team, think it'll be 2-1 because thing have already qualifed so wont be as pushed
    leverkusen-think theyll win comfortably
    dortmund-dodgy but should win
    chelsea

3 returns 223.

baraca wrote: »
    Really wanna get on this but PP don't have it :(

They are some jokers I'm still waiting since last night for a quote on Luiz to be booked and sentoff and Frimpong to be booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Selections:

1: Under 2.5 Barcelona v BATE Borisov
    (Total Goals) 06/12/2011 None 2.30 To Run

2 Draw Plzen v AC Milan
    (Half-Time) 06/12/2011 None 2.10 To Run

3 Over 3.5 Olympiakos v Arsenal
    (Number of Cards in Match) 06/12/2011 None 1.80 To Run

4 Over 6.0 FC Porto v Zenit St Petersburg
    (Asian Total Cards) 06/12/2011 None 1.80 To Run

Multiples
    bet to win
    4 Folds 1 5.00 73.25

On a bit of a bad run lately so I'm praying this comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 torrid

For the corners match bets is there a website that counts corners per respective team as game progresses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I'm goin for both to score in the Chelsea match @ 5/6.
    A small bet on 1-1 aswell @ 7/1

torrid wrote: »
    For the corners match bets is there a website that counts corners per respective team as game progresses?

flashscore and bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

why are they removing handicap markets in the bloody kettering match all the time:mad:

Shakhtar Donetsk
    Apoel Nicosia v Shakhtar Donetsk (2)
    Over 2.5 Borussia Dortmund v Marseille
    Over 2.5 Genk v Bayer Leverkusen
    Over 2.5 Chelsea v Valencia
    Over 2.5 Olympiakos v Arsenal
    Multiples
    Bet Type No of Bets Unit To Win
    5 Folds 1 5.00 5.00 168.36

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Got onto 365 for requests for Luiz cards tonight. These are the prices.

David Luiz to be shown a yellow card odds of 6/5

David Luiz to be shown a red card odds of 16/1

Any player to be shown a red card. odds of 9/4

What do ye think...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Going to follow a couple tips on here and going to go with a small stake on this accumulator, Apoel look a very good price @ 8/11 at home to Shaktar who have nothing to play for.

Genk v Bayer Leverkusen
    Match Handicap +2 Genk +2 4/7

Barcelona v FC Bate
    Both Teams To Score No 8/11

Porto v Zenit St Petersburg
    Which Half Will Have The Most Goals? Second Half EVS

Chelsea v Valencia

Borussia Dortmund v Marseille

Apoel Nicosia v Shakhtar Donetsk
    Match Betting APOEL Nicosia 13/10

Total stake €5.00
    Estimated return €249.71

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Mark! wrote: »
    Going to follow a couple tips on here and going to go with a small stake on this accumulator, Apoel look a very good price @ 8/11 at home to Shaktar who have nothing to play for.

Genk v Bayer Leverkusen
    Match Handicap +2 Genk +2 4/7

Barcelona v FC Bate
    Both Teams To Score No 8/11

Porto v Zenit St Petersburg

Chelsea v Valencia

Borussia Dortmund v Marseille

Apoel Nicosia v Shakhtar Donetsk
    Match Betting APOEL Nicosia 13/10

Total stake €5.00
    Estimated return €249.71

Gonna follow you for the laugh, don't know what to do myself so mightaswell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

would over 5.5 cards in chelsea valencia be too much too ask for? it should be a tense game.. ref doesnt seem to keen on handing them out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

I couldnt pass up the Stan James price of 7/2 on Arsenal tonight, threw a tenner @ it.:)

Chelsea are also tempting @ 3/4 VC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Leverkusen won't want to finish 2nd so I presume they'll put their best out. Arsenal can't be caught so will they put out a League Cup type side?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement