Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Good shout Yardie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

levercusen are potentially costing me 430 plus qud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

that would suck ^^^^^^^^^^ Genk were well supported on these boards however, including myself so gotta hope end up really pissed off with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Porto dominating there game, on them at 6/5 on Betfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 beretta_better

OLYMPIAKOS

Probable Line-Up: Megyeri, Maniatis, Mellberg, Papadopoulos, Torosidis Potouridis, Holebas, Orbaiz, Abdoun, Pantelic, Djebbour

ARSENAL

Probable Line-Up: Fabianski, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Squillaci, Santos, Coquelin, Frimpong, Benayoun, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh, Arshavin

Over 2,5 @2.15 is a MUST

GL
    never in doubt :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

warder6161 wrote: »
    valencia over 5 = 17/10.. very good price ;)

Great shout, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Yardie wrote: »
    Which one??;) So many card machines in action tonight..Albelda starts for Valencia..card magnet too!

Got 9/4 on Frimpong and 7.6/1 on the Frimpong/Luiz dbl

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Another poor night for me :( hoping arsenal get another 2 corners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

Kettering - Darlington 0-0 after 80 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Well my winnings streak has come to the end

Who would of thought the card machine would let me down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Headshot wrote: »
    Well my winnings streak has come to the end

Who would of thought the card machine would let me down

Valencia very poor offered nothing going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Barnsley look good tonight at 11/10. In decent form and at home to Palace team who are tired and struggling for goals

They are 11/10 now to beat Ipswich on Saturday who have lost their last 7,hopefully it'll still be around Evens when I go to back it on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

gudede wrote: »
    Well here's my thoughts tonight

Also done

Chelsea v Valencia – Anytime Goalscorer Jonas Goncalves @ 10/3 :(
    Jones has played four times in the Champions league this year and he has score three goals. The only game he didn't score in was the Chelsea home leg. Chelsea's defence aren't that great and Valencia needs to score. Also done the over 2.5 goals @ 8/11 :)

Genk v Bayer Leverkusen –Correct Score Draw 1-1 @ 8/1 :D:D& Draw 0-0 @ 12/1 :P
    Genk has played two games at home in the champions league and both where a draw. I can't imagine Leverkusen going all out to win the game.

Well done Genk :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭buzztastic

razor425 wrote: »
    Chelsea to win to nil at 21/10 worth a small bet.
    Valencia struggle for goals away from home, only 1 against Genk and Leverkusen combined despite beating both fairly easily at home. Only a small stake as I have some slight worries about Chelsea's defence(i.e Luiz)

Great shout, and thanks cos before i saw this i was gonna bet seperate bets on them to win 1-0 and 2-0!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Chelsea to win to nil at 21/10 worth a small bet.
    Valencia struggle for goals away from home, only 1 against Genk and Leverkusen combined despite beating both fairly easily at home. Only a small stake as I have some slight worries about Chelsea's defence(i.e Luiz)

Poor night overall but this and Genk+1 means it wasn't terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 singles for me today:
    Barcelona - BATE : under 2.5 :(
    Viktoria Plzen - Milan: draw at HT :)
    Double of:
    Olympiacos :)
    Shakhtar win or draw :)
    @2.80

Not a bad day, I kinda bet on BATE because I like them, I guess that's what you get for betting with your heart and not with your head. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

razor425 wrote: »
    Poor night overall but this and Genk+1 means it wasn't terrible.

fair play on the Chelsea clean sheet in the end! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I cud be accused of betting with my heart here but I think Utd are a very decent price 2mrw. I watched the reverse fixture and it was such a bizarre game. We cut them open at will and then switched off to end up needing a last min goal to salvage a draw.
    However Vidic will be playing this time and that's a big bonus. Since the 6-1 mauling at city I think the only goal they've conceded is a penalty against newcastle (barring the reserves in the CC)
    So i'm going
    15 on man utd -1 6/4
    Also I think rooney is due to get back in the goals. With hernandez n berba injured I think rooney is going to be up front on his own (Welbeck only back from injury)
    5r on rooney FGS 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wprathead wrote: »
    True, Zenit havn't won away since 08, losing 3 and drawing 2.

Porto win
    Napoli win
    Barca only to score*
    Olympiakos DNB
    @6.81/1

*i know i should learn never to bet with Barca, espcecially with what is going to be their youth team

Should have gone Porto DNB:rolleyes:
    wprathead wrote:
    Tomorrow:
    gone for Gateshead to beat Stockport @ 11/10

but in plus news this one came in, had nice bit on it- had done it yesterday but had totally forgot about it in the CL excitment. nice surprise when checked the aul balance there:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Terrible night for me, lost on every bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

terrible price on Napoli tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Nothing of interest for me tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

looks like the guaranteed returns of kettering are over: 0-0

terrible price on Napoli tomorrow

I disagree, 8/11 seems reasonable considering Villareal have lost 7 of their last 10 games, are on a 3 game losing streak and have nothing to play for. It is one of the few prices that interests me tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Napoli/United double surely nailed on for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

wouldnt say napoli are a cert at all.. they should be a better price than 8/11..

city,lille,benfica-1,man utd win 4.1/1 looks decent though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

After reading some stats in opta....... this game has draw written all over it: but good luck Razor if you back Napoli.

Villarreal lost just two of their first 38 European home games (excluding qualifiers), but have lost the last two to now make it four defeats (W25 D11 L4).

If they lose, Villarreal will become the first ever Spanish side to finish with 0 points in the group stage in Champions League history.

Napoli have won none of their last nine games away from home in European competition (D4 L5, excluding qualifiers). One of the games in that run was a 1-2 defeat to Villarreal in February in the Europa League.

Napoli playmaker Marek Hamsik has scored in his last two European appearances against Villarreal.

This will be the fourth encounter between Villarreal and Napoli, both teams have won once and a draw completes the record.

No Italian side has ever won at El Madrigal in European competition (one draw and four defeats, excluding qualifiers).

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

slookie wrote: »
    Over 3.5 Cards in Arsenal game. €30 @ 1.8:D:D
    Over 6 Asian cards in porto game. €20 @ 1.95:D
    Over 5.5 in Chelsea game. €20 @ 1.8:mad:
    3 Singles and a treble at 5.5. €5 on treble.
    Plzen and AC draw at ht. €10 @ 2.1:D:D
    Genk +2 In corner hcap. €10 @ 1.9:mad:
    Genk Corner Win. €5 @ 3.4:mad:
    And a treble of Chelsea win, over 1.5 Goals in Arsenal and over 2.5 in Barca game at 3.68...I like the treble. €20 on.:D:D:D

Not too bad. Got on Valencia in race to 3, and 5 corners and also +2 in corner handicap. Won it handy. Up bout €80 overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Not much getting me excited for tomorrow. Group B looks like some decent potential with 3 teams still in with chance of getting 2nd spot

The stand out bet so far is

Trabzonspor over 3 cards @ 2/1 on William Hill.
    Winner takes all match. Trabz have got 3 and 4 matches in their away games at Inter and Cska so 2/1 is a good price that they get over 3 tomorrow. Proenca in charge has been lashing out the cards lately.
    also worth considering is ex-Spurs hatchet man Didier Zokora to be shown a card @ 2/1. He's already got 2 in CL this season and I can see the like of Hazard giving Trabz a busy evening.

Also worth a look. Moussa Sow anytime @ 11/10 and Doumbia anytime @ 2/1

• Advertisement

I have yet to decide if I will back them but they were one of the few bets that interest me tomorrow night.
    Napoli have won none of their last nine games away from home in European competition
    This is a slightly worrying stat alright.
    If they lose, Villarreal will become the first ever Spanish side to finish with 0 points in the group stage in Champions League history.

This will be the fourth encounter between Villarreal and Napoli, both teams have won once and a draw completes the record.

No Italian side has ever won at El Madrigal in European competition

These stats would be insignificant to me, performances of either team or other Spanish or Italian teams about 10 years ago has no significant for tomorrow nights game.

What I will be considering however will be recent form and Champions League form this season.

In this regard Napoli are coming in on the back of some fairly decent results, while Villareal are coming in on the back of some awful results and currently lie 15th in La Liga. On the other hand Napoli's terrible away European form could prove a major stumbling block for me.

I will need to do some more research tomorrow, but as of now I have one foot in the door.

Thanks for the info btw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement