Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Money coming for Crumlin Utd against Dundalk in Leinster Senior Cup. Kick off 2 o'clock.

Edit. Odds on Dundalk have drifted from 4/5 too 5/4 in the past 10/15mins and Crumlins shortened from 5/2 to 13/8

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

20 on over 2.5 goals on Spartak Moscow vs Cska Moscow . 23/20 KO: 15:30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Treble
    Reading Evs
    Sheff Wed 8/15
    Benfica v Porto over 2.5 goals 9/10

Barcelona v Granada
    Messi To Score 2 Or More 5/4

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just one bet for me atm -

PP Enhanced Treble - Sporting, Roma (been ages since I had a bet on them!) and Espanyol @ 4/1

Also getting odds on Uche Wincast too but not sure whether to go for that or Borini Wincast @ 13/10.. or just leave it one bet. Sure we'll see later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

user2011 wrote: »
    Money coming for Crumlin Utd against Dundalk in Leinster Senior Cup. Kick off 2 o'clock.

Edit. Odds on Dundalk have drifted from 4/5 too 5/4 in the past 10/15mins and Crumlins shortened from 5/2 to 13/8

Crumlin won 1-0.

Crumlin were 4/1 for a while last night.

• Advertisement

Who was that with yesno? If it was PP he took a nice hit there odds into 13/8 :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

@user got 15/4 with 365 last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I'll be interested to watch the in-play market for Oss v Zwolle tonight. On paper it looks a straight forward win for Zwolle with Oss having lost 5 on the bounce - however 4 of those strangely have been away from home, tho they were soundly beaten by Sparta in their last home game. On the upside they've turned over both Cambuur and Eindhoven at home, and current odds of 11/2 make the match noteworthy at least until Zwolle score :rolleyes:

Got 5/2 with betvictor. So it wasnt a well kept
    secret
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

20 on over 2.5 goals on Spartak Moscow vs Cska Moscow . 23/20 KO: 15:30

Get In! 66 mins gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

-Ade- wrote: »
    Just one bet for me atm -

PP Enhanced Treble - Sporting, Roma (been ages since I had a bet on them!) and Espanyol @ 4/1

Also getting odds on Uche Wincast too but not sure whether to go for that or Borini Wincast @ 13/10.. or just leave it one bet. Sure we'll see later on.

works out at only 2.88/1 on 365

im left with no choice now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Double of Espanyol and Pescara tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Im on the PP enhanced Treble too..

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Also with Sunderland's minds perhaps on FA Cup replay and Blackburn Rovers not in action this weekend I'm taking current price of 6/4 on Rovers for Tuesday's game between the two in Ewood. COYB!
    Rovers closing from 6/4 to 7/5 now on PP. Good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gone for Borini to score anytime for Roma @ 1/1

He's a bit on fire goal scoring wise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Ac Milan/Sunderland double? Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Did a bit of research and I am doing Granada +3 at 11/8.
    Barcelona's Home record against the bottom half of the table (11-20):
    This bet of backing the away team +3 has come in 50% of Barcelona's games against teams in the bottom half of the table.
    Worth a shot anyway Barca might rest a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

West ham to beat middelsboro 4/5
    Reading to beat peterboro 1/1

3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Ac Milan/Sunderland double? Opinions?

I'd avoid Milan for this game. Juventus have been brilliant at avoiding defeat this year and securing draws (undefeated all season) and Milan are resting players and focusing more on the league/Barca game.

Ibrahimovic will not start this game either as he's being rested. As is Thiago Silva. With Robinho and Pato injured, El Shaarawy will start up front alongside Maxi Lopez and Emmanuelson will play behind them. Not the most fearsome attack in the world. Van Bommel is also out injured, as is Abate.

Milan are fielding a weakened team in a competition that means nothing to them and hasn't done so for a very long time. I'd avoid wagering big money on them in this game. They'll be very lucky to get a win from this game and odds of 2/1 represent very poor value considering the circumstances.

Just my two cents, best of luck whatever you do! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    My midweek double will most likely be barca to win by 4 or more goals at a lovely 11/10 and real madrid -1 handicap 21/20

Quite like that double

Add twente -1 @ 20/23 into that and you have a lovely treble
    50 stake pays back 402

Thoughts on that folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

For wednesday I was thinking of going for a treble of
    Borussia Monchengladbach v Bayern Munich - Bayern win
    Tottenham v Stoke - Tottenham win
    Everton v Arsenal - Arsenal win
    I quite fancy city to beat chelsea but think now that chelsea have a bit of a run going they might sneak a win, any thought on the above treble?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    For wednesday I was thinking of going for a treble of
    Borussia Monchengladbach v Bayern Munich - Bayern win
    Tottenham v Stoke - Tottenham win
    Everton v Arsenal - Arsenal win
    I quite fancy city to beat chelsea but think now that chelsea have a bit of a run going they might sneak a win, any thought on the above treble?

Bayern are very poor on the road and Monchengladbach haven't been beaten at home all year and Everton have been unbeaten at home for there last 8 games .both game's look like draw's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I fancy Reading and Birmingham tonight. Both around Evens.

Reading are in fantastic form winning 9 of their last 10. 5 wins in their last 6 in the road.

Peterborough won just 2 of their last 14 in all competitions. They've lost 4 of their last 6 home games too.

Birmingham's recent form isn't great (1 win in the last 6) but they won their last game comfortably at home to Middlesbrough. They have also lost just 1 of their last 9 away games, winning 5.

Meanwhile, Portsmouth are in all sorts of trouble on and off the pitch. Without a win in their last 9, losing 6 and scoring just 2 goals in the process. Their home form isn't much better, without a win in 5, losing 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Over 2.5 match goals @ 7/10, Reading vs. Peterborough
    Over 1.5 first half goals @ 8/13, Barcelona vs. Granada

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Reading are in fantastic form winning 9 of their last 10. 5 wins in their last 6 in the road.

Peterborough won just 2 of their last 14 in all competitions. They've lost 4 of their last 6 home games too.

Birmingham's recent form isn't great (1 win in the last 6) but they won their last game comfortably at home to Middlesbrough. They have also lost just 1 of their last 9 away games, winning 5.

Meanwhile, Portsmouth are in all sorts of trouble on and off the pitch. Without a win in their last 9, losing 6 and scoring just 2 goals in the process. Their home form isn't much better, without a win in 5, losing 3.

Was gonna post thesame about the Portsmouth / Birmingham game too - I have also read the Benjani and Kanu wont be playing either so ill probably nibble at the (-1) too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Was gonna post thesame about the Portsmouth / Birmingham game too - I have also read the Benjani and Kanu wont be playing either so ill probably nibble at the (-1) too

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

My one bet for the next few days will probably be a double of Swansea and Sunderland @ 3/1

Swansea concede on average only 0.71 goals per game at home. Watched Everton at the weekend and they are really struggling to create clear chances and score goals. Everton to score exactly 1 goal @ 7/5 may be worth a go too.

Don't really rate the QPR team going to Sunderland at all. They've lost 9/14 away games this season and expect Sunderland to have what it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Treble:
    Marseille
    Under 3.5 in Portsmouth v Birmingham
    Under 3.5 in Brighton v Derby
    @ 2.00

hoping to get back to winning ways today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

Best value from Barca game i think is for them to win both halves 8/15, gonna cover myself with Osasuna(at home) win at 11/10, remember these guys actually beat Barca 3-2 recently !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Anyone think Messi is going to end the day as Barca's top all time scorer? He's 1.8 to score 2 or more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement