Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Longford -1, Wexford Youths, and Shamrock Rovers -1. 8/1.

I don't really care about the bet, or any other game, as long as Longford win!

COME ON THE BOYS!
    knacker:)

Some great bets posted here lately. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So gone for Longford -1, I had great luck last week with limerick so here's hoping again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

i think overs in Cork City v Bray is a smashing price 11/10. conceding bucketloads so far in the opening 4 games Bray have conceded 11 scoring 5,Cork at home are usually good for a goal or two,think it should be odds on myself. will be putting 50 on this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Over 2.5 in the Wexford/Mervue game should be shorter than 10/11, Wexford have scored 9 and conceded 3 while Mervue are 4 and 8. There have also been 26 goals in the last 5 meetings between the 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

double for this weekend fulham 8/11 and Liverpool 7/5 25 euro

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I remember Bohs had a lot of 0-0 at HT last season.
    As far as i can see they are masters at that again, 3x 0-0 at HT in the league.

Draw\Shamrock could be worth a bit because Shamrock leaves it late a lot iirc.

By no means i am an expert on the LOI, those are just things i notice or think i am noticing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

shangri la wrote: »
    bohs must be utter crap if you see value at those prices.

Yup :pac:.. Bohs have played 8 games 4 in Satanta Cup 4 in League. They've now gone 6 games without a goal scoring in first 2 games of the season. Since 06 this fixture has thrown out win to nil in 11/21 games 7 in Shamrocks favour coupled with Bohs poor quality in front of goal looks good. Just fancy Twigg has scored 4 out 4 games he has played.

And the Shamrocks win and 1/2 total goals looks good 1 in the last 10 has gone over. All info found at soccerway.com

I watched Bohs game against St. Pats last Sunday and they were bloody god damn awful and their manager even had an excuse for it that the wind was too strong then the camera panned too the flags that were as limp as f**k :pac: even the commentators were like WTF is he on about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

manual_man wrote: »
    Liverpool 7/5 25 euro

Don't do it to yourself.

Liverpool 7/5 25 euro

Don't do it to yourself.

haha. that's the thing though. Liverpool always go and get a result when you don't expect them too. And fail when you think they should win easy. I'm 100% sure they'll go to Newcastle and win. I think Coloccini might be out as well. Liverpool's away form has actually been pretty good this season. Put your money on it grohly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

haha. that's the thing though. Liverpool always go and get a result when you don't expect them too. And fail when you think they should win easy. I'm 100% sure they'll go to Newcastle and win. I think Coloccini might be out as well. Liverpool's away form has actually been pretty good this season. Put your money on it grohly ;)

I know it would be typical Liverpool to win this weekend but I'll be happy enough if they do even without betting on it.

I've made a bit of pact not to bet on Liverpool wins. Only corners and goals and the occasional bet against them (like Wigan last week). I just can't trust them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 John the baptist

I hate backing away handicaps but they should do it, they're on some form and imo will only improve.

Should win to keep the winning streak going.

Even though they've won every game so far each one has been by the single goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Under 2.5 Spartak Nalchik v Tomsk
    Under 2.5 Otelul Galati v CSU Vointa Sibiu
    Eintracht Frankfurt v Bochum
    Draw or Monaco Le Mans v Monaco (Double Chance)

@3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

continuing to bet against Wolves, tough relegation dogfight this weekend at home to Bolton. Bolton have won their last two league matches 2-1 against Blackburn and QPR both relegation scraps but must be said that they were both at home!

Bolton DNB @ 11/10
    Bolton to score 2+ goals @ 13/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

where do you find these bets? Do you use any statistical analysis bar league tables gf/ga?

good luck.

I kinda follow the Russian league and I remembered betting on Amkar to beat Tomsk like 2 weeks ago and the game finished 0-0 and since I rate Amkar as a better team than Nalchik, I thought surely Tomsk could keep Nalchik at bay too.

edit: Tomsk 1-0 up wtf ? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

I was looking at these matches for a treble, I prefer the singles but feel adventurous, might do a trixie

Aston Villa are pants lately and terrible to watch, last 5 home matches they have won 1 (which was a 90+ min goal against Fulham) drawn 2 and lost 2. 9/14 home games have been under 2.5. Matteo (or whoever's actually in charge:P) keep things tight for Chelsea. Would expect a tight game and Chelsea to nick it. Under 2.5 @ 8/11

I like Everton @ 4/5 at home to West Brom seems decent they're looking solid bar that defeat to Liverpool.

Finally, Arsenal are THE form side at the minute. Won 7 out of their last 7 in the premier league and are travelling to QPR who have a pretty awful home record. This looks like a banker but if the favourites always won they wouldn't call it gambling :pac:

Treble is 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Not betting myself after I got burned on Barca but I'll try help ye out

QPR v Arsenal
    Arsenal to win by a goal 13/5. Leagues most in form team meet one of most out of form. While QPR have been poor at form they haven’t let teams beat them heavily at home. (Last four home defeats have all been by a goal). Arsenal have won their last 3 away by one goal. Looks a very solid bet I must say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

id rather give it to a homless man on baggot street, a la balotelli..

id rather give it to a homless man on baggot street, a la balotelli..

if only I had that money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

LOI accumulator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Like a double of Fulham 8-11 and Arsenal 8-13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

liking the look of helmond sport -1 5/4 they play emmen . helmond have 5 wins in the last 5 games where emmen have 5 defeats and conceaded 13 in the last 3 scoring none . good luck to all

I can't believe nobody has tipped a di natale wincast yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

robertowjr wrote: »
    Santos playing home tonight against third from the botton, those guys conceded 33 goals in 15 matches...

Some of you might want to back Neymar and Ganso! ;)

good luck!
    I like your suggestion.

My current betting consists of placing €10 on teams at 1/3 or 3/10 e.t.c and
    put the whole lot back on each time you win. normally teams that are at home.

I have so far 9 teams up waiting on team 10 tonight Borussia Dortmund.

I stop at 15 selections which gives you a return of about €560 for your €10 stake.

Not always easy to get but gives me an interest with value for money bet and
    gets the nerves going when you have to place the bigger winnings on a particular team.

If Borrusia win I will have €155 going on to Celtic on Sunday.

Will keep you posted how I get on....

What price are Santos?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

accumulator fodder

plymouth
    wolves
    man u
    man city
    everton
    qpr +2

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Mellio wrote: »
    I like your suggestion.

My current betting consists of placing €10 on teams at 1/3 or 3/10 e.t.c and
    put the whole lot back on each time you win. normally teams that are at home.

I have so far 9 teams up waiting on team 10 tonight Borussia Dortmund.

I stop at 15 selections which gives you a return of about €560 for your €10 stake.

Not always easy to get but gives me an interest with value for money bet and
    gets the nerves going when you have to place the bigger winnings on a particular team.

If Borrusia win I will have €155 going on to Celtic on Sunday.

Will keep you posted how I get on....

What price are Santos?

Santos played during the night and won 5-0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

I can't believe nobody has tipped a di natale wincast yet!

Udinese can be dodgy away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

The Yak anytime on Monday night. 23/10. Feed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Skonto v Ventspils (Latvian league) on Sunday @ 2.00 looks a great bet. Skonto and Ventspils are the best teams in Latvia (along with Liepajas) and games between these two teams usually go under 2.5 goals

head to head stats: http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/04/01/latvia/virsliga/skonto-fc/futbola-klubs-ventspils/1260649/head2head/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Over 3.5 AGOVV Apeldoorn v Maastricht
    BTTS Doncaster v Birmingham

20 @ 3.66

Over 2.5 Cork v Bray 11/10 50 stake

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement