Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Enjoy the break mate, sometimes it is the best thing to do. Dont stay away too long though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

shangri la wrote: »
    nice work. Decent looking odds. good luck. Any important injuries?

There's a couple missing on both sides but the general feeling is Furth have the better squad regardless.

Furth want to and probably will go up this year while Cottbus are hanging around in mid-table, there's far more at stake for Furth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Also, what to people think of Metalist to qualify tonight @ 2.50? Have they run out of steam or is there enough left to turn over a mediocre Sporting? All it'll take is a 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

would you think there is better value in fortuna dusseldorf they play hansa rostock , 3 v last place fortuna 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Schism wrote: »
    Also, what to people think of Metalist to qualify tonight @ 2.50? Have they run out of steam or is there enough left to turn over a mediocre Sporting? All it'll take is a 1-0.

They will be without their two regular central defenders and their captain, I still fancy them to qualify but the odds have just gone up so now they're prolly gonna lose :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I fancy the cards to fly tonight in the Metalist/Sporting game. Scottish ref in charge but there were 6 bookings in the 1st leg and well 2nd legs are more intense and tend to be a lot more feisty since everything is on the line.

Not a great price at 4/6 or 1.700 for Ov 5.5 but could be worth putting in a double/treble of some sort.

Edit - William Hill has Over 55pts at Evens and Over 65pts at 7/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Bykobap

Hannover
    Valencia-1

e6

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Going for an anytime goalscorer double of Muniain and M Diouf. Two players showing good form in Uefa Cup this year.
    €8 returns €55

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Looking at the weekend games.
    Anytime Goalscorer - Seb Larrson 9/2. Too big a price for him after netting two at the Etihad last week. Also takes all their set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any early indication of what type of teams will be lining out for sides tonight in the Europa league?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Something that just caught my eye.

Holland women - Slovenia women

Slovenia +5,5 @2.05

In Slovenia a while ago Holland won 2-0, 2nd goal in the last minute.

it is a EC qualifier groupmatch and Slovenia has poor results but conceded only 11 in 4.

Holland scored 13 in 5

Really cant see them outscoring Slovenia by 6 goals.
    It is wimmens football though so ....

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Shane St. wrote: »
    Looking at the weekend games.
    Anytime Goalscorer - Seb Larrson 9/2. Too big a price for him after netting two at the Etihad last week. Also takes all their set pieces.

I think they were his first goals in 2012 though, i have him in my fantasy team purely cos I thought he'd get goals, he's disapointed me so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

Schism wrote: »
    There's a couple missing on both sides but the general feeling is Furth have the better squad regardless.

Furth want to and probably will go up this year while Cottbus are hanging around in mid-table, there's far more at stake for Furth.
    cheers for answering him pal, I wasn't online on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

Ath Bilbao -1 @ 9/5
    Metalist @ 6/5

Double for me tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Large single on
    Ath Bilbao 5/6

2 smaller singles on
    Ath Bilbao HT Ath Bilbao FT 2/1
    Ath Bilbao to score in both halves 7/4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Valencia in poor form but I think they'll bring a performance tonight.Haven't lost at home in Europe since Man U beat them there in 2010.

Unlikely Bilbao will qualify for Europe through Liga this year so expecting them to go all out tonight.They rested a few players against Barca.Schalke will have one eye on Sunday imo as a win will give them a good shout at champos football next year.They're poor away too,W2 D2 L4 this year so far.

Fancy a flutter on the double @2.60.Valencia aren't great value but feck it.

Hannover look a cracking price @15/8,Everything to play for there.Little on that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭ConorBFC3

Don't think I'll have my money back from today's golf in time to get involved in the Europa League.

Metalist Kharkiv have drifted from 2.04 to 2.20 with Paddy Power.

Greuther Furth (2nd) looks a good bet today at home to Cottbus (11th).
    They have won 12 of 14 home league games this season, losing only twice, one of which was a loss to 1st place Frankfurt.

Cottbus have been beaten 7 times on the road already, and have failed to score away from home 5 times in their last 6 matches.
    If you add this to the fact that Greuther Furth have kept 9 clean sheets at home I think betting on BTTS NO is good value @ 5/6.

I am also considering betting on Greuther Furth HT/FT @ 10/11 aswell.
    This has happened in 10 of 14 home league games this season, including the last 7 in a row, so I think coupled with Cottbus awful away form, especially recently is good value to.
    Football..... the beautiful game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Large bet on Bilbao over 1.5 goals @ 4/6

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bilbao/Valencia double for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Football..... the beautiful game :pac:

prosoccer.eu got the score right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Got three for tonight Bilbao earlier in the week at 10/11 over 55 booking points Hannover v A Madrid @ Evs and same for Metalist v Sporting @ Evs

alfalion wrote: »
    prosoccer.eu got the score right
    Bookmarked! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

70 booking pts is a ****ing joke in the Sporting game,it'll end on 60 surely lol,it scraped by last week lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

double:
    Athletic Bilbao
    Dinamo Tbilisi (tomorrow)
    @ 2.88

The odds on Dinamo Tbilisi have dropped from 2.20 to 1.80

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

Going with over 3.5 in Athletic Club - Schalke. Should be a few goals in that, I think.. neither team has understood the concept of defense. And there's no point in going in defensively for Schalke.

Odds 2.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

seanhynes wrote: »
    70 booking pts is a ****ing joke in the Sporting game,it'll end on 60 surely lol,it scraped by last week lol
    ref doesn't seem overly card happy either. Best avoided.

yip ah i threw it in anyhow incase to my 10r accum. main bet is ****ed no goals yet in Bilbao,need 4 and had Valencia to score 2 or more,ah well:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Something that just caught my eye.

Holland women - Slovenia women

Slovenia +5,5 @2.05

In Slovenia a while ago Holland won 2-0, 2nd goal in the last minute.

it is a EC qualifier groupmatch and Slovenia has poor results but conceded only 11 in 4.

Holland scored 13 in 5

Really cant see them outscoring Slovenia by 6 goals.
    It is wimmens football though so ....

Finished 3-1.
    Easy.

• Advertisement

seanhynes wrote: »
    yip ah i threw it in anyhow incase to my 10r accum. main bet is ****ed no goals yet in Bilbao,need 4 and had Valencia to score 2 or more,ah well:pac:

yes bloody love these Europa games:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement