Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Manu Del Moral To Score And Sevilla To Win @ 7/5
    Sevilla v Zaragoza
    Score And Win
    Total stake € 17.22
    Estimated return € 41.33

Manu has been on a goal scoring run at the moment, lets hope he keeps it up

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Hey just wondering if I could get some opinions/feedback on a potential bet on Liverpool v Everton!

Liverpool always raise it against big opposition and all that but Everton are in fantastic form

Everton will want revenge from that 3-0 defeat too even if it wasn't their full first side out! I think the prices on Everton are decent value ?

Liverpool's defence has been leaky lately think Everton over 1.5 goals is worth a shot, and having a 3rd choice keeper in goals is bound to be a major disadvantage at this level?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I've got a feeling there'll be a good few goals. Over 3.5 at 11/4 could be a good bet, or both teams to score is 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

hi..any thoughts on those 2 games

southhampton vs reading..

stutgart vs werder bremen.
    ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭ConorBFC3

Anyone have any tips for the League of Ireland tomorrow night?

Considering backing Cork City, but I am a bit biased so would like other opinions. I have a match myself tomorrow night so can't get out to watch it, but they surely have to win eventually...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Sevilla romping home v Zaragoza 3 up at HT.

Sevilla to score the the 4th goal 8/13

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

mrdmb wrote: »

??
    Saints v Reading BTS I'd say. Should be a cracker.
    I've done Ibisevic wincast. Harnik or Cacau anytime anytime scorers perhaps. Stuttgart strong at home this season.

another double for the money. Liverpool and everton btts and over 2.5 goals in the Norwich Man City game. 2/1. Quite like the look of this one

edit man city win and over 2.5(result/total goals) works out better. 2.75/1 for the double

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭ConorBFC3

Will most likely to the following tomorrow.

- Shamrock Rovers to beat Dundalk @1.25.
    - Southampton vs. Reading - BTTS Yes @1.66.

- Both to win @2.08.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Malaga. Tossers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anything standing out at the weekend? Think I'll back Man City every game till the end of the season. Decent price on the minus one. I know their away form (and form in general) is appalling but there were signs the last day that they are playing w/o pressure now. Utd basically had the title won before the Wigan game and they went into that game playing with more freedom. If they continue to adopt this attitude I think they'll win all their remaining games and run Utd close

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

ff9999 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if I could get some opinions/feedback on a potential bet on Liverpool v Everton!

Liverpool always raise it against big opposition and all that but Everton are in fantastic form

Everton will want revenge from that 3-0 defeat too even if it wasn't their full first side out! I think the prices on Everton are decent value ?

Liverpool's defence has been leaky lately think Everton over 1.5 goals is worth a shot, and having a 3rd choice keeper in goals is bound to be a major disadvantage at this level?
    there are over 50 top flight europeam games this weekend.

there are better bets!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

mrdmb wrote: »

??
    i may be having a large bet on the stuttgart match but have to look at a few more stats first.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Looking good as it stands, hoping it keeps up as its a great pick.

Oops Kameni!

I was looking good there for a while Ben but then it went ever so slightly pear shaped. Story of my life for the last while. I think there is some universal law somewhere that says 'luck has gotta change sometime'..
    Well now would be a good time for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I was looking good there for a while Ben but then it went ever so slightly pear shaped. Story of my life for the last while. I think there is some universal law somewhere that says 'luck has gotta change sometime'..
    Well now would be a good time for that!
    I had one of two lastnight so not total disaster, having a decent week.
    For tonight i've a treble of Rovers -1(covered in all 3 home games so far), Drogs-Pats over 2.5(has come in 5/6 last meetings of the 2) and Stuttgart(great form,scoring for fun). Works out at nearly 5.5/1.

Just checking the stats
    If you have backed the home team +2 against Man City you would have collected in your last 11 bets. Norwich +2 is 4/7.
    In addition, Norwich have covered the +2 handicap in their last 7 games at Carrow Road and have covered it in 15/16 of their games at home this season. Impressive stat. Might be worthy of inclusion in any trebles or accums people are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

Greuther Furth v St Pauli, over 2.5
    Esbjerg v AB Copenhagen, over 2.5
    Southampton v Reading, over 1.5

Treble, 3.53

Shane St. wrote: »
    Just checking the stats
    If you have backed the home team +2 against Man City you would have collected in your last 11 bets. Norwich +2 is 4/7.
    In addition, Norwich have covered the +2 handicap in their last 7 games at Carrow Road and have covered it in 15/16 of their games at home this season. Impressive stat. Might be worthy of inclusion in any trebles or accums people are doing.

I'd normally go with those stats, but City looked awesome against WBA, back to their best, and also they thumped Norwich 5-1 in the reverse fixture, granted it's away this time, but I'd be wary of that bet having seen them against WBA, that coupled with United's slip up will have them on a real high. City have also proved they're capable of a big score on the road, anyone remember O.T. 6-1??? Also 5-1 vs Spurs at the lane, 4-0 vs Blackburn 5-2 vs Wolves... Just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

ff9999 wrote: »

have to agree with u there

manual_man wrote: »
    I'd normally go with those stats, but City looked awesome against WBA, back to their best, and also they thumped Norwich 5-1 in the reverse fixture, granted it's away this time, but I'd be wary of that bet having seen them against WBA, that coupled with United's slip up will have them on a real high. City have also proved they're capable of a big score on the road, anyone remember O.T. 6-1??? Also 5-1 vs Spurs at the lane, 4-0 vs Blackburn 5-2 vs Wolves... Just saying

I agree and I have already stated I'm gonna back City. But I can't go against that stat. I think it will be a nervy 2-1 to city

• Advertisement

Shane St. wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »

I agree and I have already stated I'm gonna back City. But I can't go against that stat. I think it will be a nervy 2-1 to city

city to win with over 2.5 match goals is the bet for me. games involving Norwich are usually good for over 2.5. 21/20 for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Yes @ 8/11
    Southampton v Reading
    Both Teams To Score

Stuttgart @ 8/11
    Stuttgart v Werder Bremen
    Match Betting

Total stake € 15.25
    Estimated return € 45.50

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Yes @ 8/11
    Southampton v Reading
    Both Teams To Score

Stuttgart @ 8/11
    Stuttgart v Werder Bremen
    Match Betting

Total stake € 15.25
    Estimated return € 45.50

done similar over 2.5 goals in stuttgart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭mcw92

TREBLE:
    Sligo
    Shamrock
    Fleetwood
    2.81(PaddyPower)

19:45 Southampton VS. Reading
    BTTS
    1.73(Boylesports)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Large single
    Fleetwood Ht Fleetwood Ft 5/6

Accum
    Ucd v Bohemians BTTS Evs
    Shelbourne v Bray BTTS 11/10
    Drogheda v St Pats BTTS 10/11
    Wexford v Limerick BTTS 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Sligo v Derry
    Derry are missing a few players tonight
    Half Time Result Sligo 5/4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Sunderland -1 (vs Wolves) @ 2.15 :eek:

Why do the bookies keep overestimating Wolves??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

alfalion wrote: »
    done similar over 2.5 goals in stuttgart

Was does it mean when you say over 2.5 goals as a bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Del007 wrote: »
    Was does it mean when you say over 2.5 goals as a bet?

There will be at least 3 goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sunderland -1 (vs Wolves) @ 2.15 :eek:

Why do the bookies keep overestimating Wolves??

Maybe because Sunderland have nothing to play for. Mind you they are interetind odds but I won't be going near it because of Sunderland recent form

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement