Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

eh i dunno wrote: »
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/01/06/italy/serie-b/hellas-verona-fc/modena-fc/1180849/

Home team surely worth a punt here at 4/6. Verona are 2nd and home to 4th bottom Modena.

Stuck €30 on home win @ 4/6.

Some stats:
    -Verona are WWWWD at home, score 1.2 goals/game, concede 1 goal/game (average for 10 home matches).
    -Modena are DDLDD away, score, score 0.8 goals/game, concede 1.5 goals/game (average for 10 away matches.
    -Verona's highest winning score at home is 1-0, so a correct scoreline of 1-0 might be worth a small punt @ 9/2 on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Stuck €30 on home win @ 4/6.

Some stats:
    -Verona are WWWWD at home, score 1.2 goals/game, concede 1 goal/game (average for 10 home matches).
    -Modena are DDLDD away, score, score 0.8 goals/game, concede 1.5 goals/game (average for 10 away matches.
    -Verona's highest winning score at home is 1-0, so a correct scoreline of 1-0 might be worth a small punt @ 9/2 on PP.

Verona to win by a single goal is 11/4, looks a good bet. Also Verona for the straight up win on 188bet is a lot better price at 13/15, you'd make €6 more profit Lee by taking the better price. Verona to win to nil at 7/4 looks good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I know I should be careful as it is Serie B afterall.

Verona @ 4/5 with Boyles
    Verona 1-0 @ 9/2 (same price with Boyles as PP)
    Under 1.5 Goals @ 7/4

Will have something on all of these, not sure yet how much I'll throw on it, might wait until closer to kick-off.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Verona to win by a single goal is 11/4, looks a good bet. Also Verona for the straight up win on 188bet is a lot better price at 13/15.

Just the PP account has funds atm, will have to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

just took them 5/6 there on 365..hope it doesnt bite us up the arse,one of the most corrupt leagues out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Doncaster at 10/11 at home to Notts County looks good to me. Doncaster won their last 3 at home, County have not won in 5 and lost 4 of last 5 away games.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

just been doing a small bit of research into the FA cup games. There's always a few shocks each year with lower league teams beating teams higher up the ladder. Here's 5 games I picked that might cause upsets, might be worth a few single bets.

Crawley vs Bristol City - Crawley are top of League two so will have some momentum behind them. From 13 home games this season they ahve 10 win and 1 draw. Bristol are struglling a bit near the bottom end of the Championship with only 4 away wins from 13 games all season.

MK Dons vs QPR - MK Dons are challenging for promotion from League one and have only lost 1 home game all season with 6 wins and 5 draws. QPR are near the bottom of the premiership so Warnock might be tempted to rest a few players for the relegation run-in. From 10 away games this season, QPR have 3 wins, with only one of these wins coming since mid Sept. They also haven't won in their last 8 games home or away.

Fleetwood vs Blackpool - This one is a bit harder to call. Fleetwood are hard to beat at home, 6 wins and 5 draws from 12 games and are on good form with 4 wins and a draw in their last 5 games overall. Blackpool only have 3 wins from 13 away games and as they are around the promotion positions in the championship, Holloway might be tempted to rest a few players and focus on gaining promotion.

Swindon vs Wigan - Swindon are challenging for promotion in League 2 and have won 8 and drawn 2 of 10 home games this season. Wigan are struglling and without a win in last 5 games and only 2 away wins from 10 games all season.

Gillingham vs Stoke - Again Gillingham are hard to beat at home with 7 wins and 3 draws from 11 home games. Although Stoke's away form isn't too bad (10 games, won 4, draw 2 and lost 2) a number of players will probably be rested. Tony Pulis might be tempted to sacrifice the cup in order to avoid fixture congestion when the Europa league resumes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oldham asian handicap @2.00

Your bet on Oldham at (+2.0) is:
    - 100% Win if Oldham wins or the result is a draw or Oldham loses by 1 goal(s)
    - 100% Refund if Oldham loses by 2 goal(s)
    - 100% Lose if Oldham loses by 3 goal(s) or more

anyone think Liverpool will win by 3 goals? I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

FA Cup Matches Liverpool v Oldham
    06-01-2012 20:00
    Wincast
    S Gerrard to score in 90 minutes and Liverpool to win the match @ evens
    Your Bets
    Win
    Single: S Gerrard to score in 90 minutes and Liverpool to win the match @ evens
    1 line at €25.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €25.00
    Potential returns: €50.00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Versailles (6th division) v Dijon (top division) (French cup tomorrow) : Versailles @ 14.50

First off, the French cup is ALWAYS full of upsets, there are always a few Ligue 1 teams that get knocked out by non-league teams. These 2 teams already met in the cup in 2009 and Versailles won. Versailles had to beat 3 4th division teams to get to this round. Dijon are nothing special, they're a promoted team and are currently 16th in the table. The odds on Versailles have dropped, they were at 19.50 yesterday.

I think it's worth at least one or two €'s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Acrington Stanley are good value later against Burton away. Can be got at 2/1.
    They are on a great run of form and face a Burton side who have struggled in recent weeks.
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/01/06/england/league-two/burton-albion-fc/accrington-stanley-fc/1119370/

Some other potential upsets:

- Le Mans (2nd division) (vs Valenciennes tonight) @ 2.75 : Valenciennes are a very average team imo

-Marck (5th division) (vs Nice) @ 11.50 : Nice will be without their regular GK and CB (both suspended) and 4 of their players are away to the ACN.

-Chambly Thelle (5th division) (vs Auxerre) @ 14.00

-Chantilly (6th division) (vs Lille) @ 29.00 : definitely worth a €

- Red Star Paris (3rd division) (vs Marseille) @ 7.00 : big rivalry between Paris and Marseille.

-Bastia (2nd division) (vs Sochaux - Ligue 1) @ 2.10 : Sochaux are awful this season while Bastia are 3rd in Ligue 2 and score lots of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Verona 1-0 @ 4/1
    Verona v Modena
    Correct Score

Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 25.00

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Le Mans to win 7/4
    Really fancy this one,

Verona V Modena, Modena +5,+1 @1.900
    I would of fancied Verona for this, but with it being Italy and all, theres a bit of money going on Modena so i'm gonna follow with insurance of the asian h/cap.

Also a double of the two at 4.22/1

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Le Mans to win 7/4
    Really fancy this one,

I would of fancied Verona for this, but with it being Italy and all, theres a bit of money going on Modena so i'm gonna follow with insurance of the asian h/cap.

Also a double of the two at 4.22/1

Would u mind explaining this bet for me? what does +5,+1 mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

hellfish08 wrote: »

Would u mind explaining this bet for me? what does +5,+1 mean?

Asian HC - half the stake goes on Modena +0.5 (not +5, that's a typo), the other half goes on at +1.

This means if they draw you win both bets (one by half a goal, the other by a full goal), if they lose by a goal you lose half and push half (lose half stake by half a goal, draw the second bet so get that half of the bet returned), if they lose by more than one you lose both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Aye, typo should of been +.5,+1 and yep as Keane explained,

hope somebody got on by the way, dodgy peno :p

edit, 2 late Verona goals, oh lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/01/06/italy/serie-b/hellas-verona-fc/modena-fc/1180849/

Home team surely worth a punt here at 4/6. Verona are 2nd and home to 4th bottom Modena.

Hope some of you got on. Easy in the end :pac:

-Bastia (2nd division) (vs Sochaux - Ligue 1) @ 2.10 : Sochaux are awful this season while Bastia are 3rd in Ligue 2 and score lots of goals.

Just read that Richert (Sochaux' 1st choice GK) and Marvin Martin (their best player) are out for this game, a Bastia win looks even more likely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

huddersfield
    grossetto
    crusaders

10r

rhodes anytime goal 4/5 20 stake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Liverpool team: Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Coates, Aurelio, Spearing, Maxi, Gerrard, Shelvey, Kuyt, Bellamy

I have 20e huddersfield 19/20

mate has a double of rhodes wincast + liverpool win @ just over 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Maxi hat trick @18/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

magherakid wrote: »
    Liverpool team: Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Coates, Aurelio, Spearing, Maxi, Gerrard, Shelvey, Kuyt, Bellamy

Very attacking team.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kuyt 11/10 Wincast is also an interesting bet

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kinda fancied chancing unders if Carroll was gonna start. But there is pace and movement in that team, and one of these days we will tear someone apart..

Bellamy Insurebet @ 9/5 - when he starts he usually pops up with a goal and/or assist.
    Gerrard Wincast @ 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Treble
    Gerrard Wincast 21/20
    J Rhodes Wincast 13/8
    Crusaders 8/13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

L'pool have plenty of pase and speed, at home too so expect a decent win.
    Gerrard Wincast.
    Bellamy hat-trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Don't like betting on Liverpool... buuut to keep me interested; Maxi Anytime & Liverpool @ 8/5 and Maxi To Score 2+ @ 6/1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Couple of random stats that may or may not be worth noting....

5 – Jonathan Walters has scored five goals in his last six FA Cup appearances for Stoke City.

5 – Frank Lampard has scored five goals in his last six FA Cup appearances for Chelsea

11 - Ian Black has been booked 11 times in 20 SPL games v Celtic & he's seen 6 yellows in 8 matches for Hearts v Celtic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement