Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where does Stena Line come in to?

Options
  • 01-12-2011 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

The Stena Line ferry from Holyhead comes into where exactly?

According to the address on their website it's Dublin 1 but clicking on the map they give and it brings you to Dun Laoghaire.

Anyone know?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Dublin Port, down the end. (the DL route is seasonal and off until April 2012)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Cheers. Have some friends coming in and they're a bit confused about where they'll be arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Question, can you actually walk into the port with ferry ticket in hand? I live across the river quite close from where the ferry comes in, always wondered if they only allow vehicular traffic like taxis to drop passengers off as I do not notice much of a pedestrian entrance to the port.

PS: haven't been on a ferry in maybe 20 years :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

gurramok wrote: »
    Question, can you actually walk into the port with ferry ticket in hand? I live across the river quite close from where the ferry comes in, always wondered if they only allow vehicular traffic like taxis to drop passengers off as I do not notice much of a pedestrian entrance to the port.

PS: haven't been on a ferry in maybe 20 years :eek:

Father went Holyhead to Dublin during the summer he had to get on a bus to get on the ferry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Father went Holyhead to Dublin during the summer he had to get on a bus to get on the ferry

He was not allowed to walk in?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You can definitely walk in. There's a front door, check-in desk, luggage drop off and airport-style departure lounge.

Just make sure you're at the right one. I was in a fairly long queue at check-in one morning and heard the person who been queuing for ages in front of me being told they had an Irish Ferries ticket and would have to leg it all the way over to the other terminal to get their boat.

(I did the sail-rail thing a couple of years ago. €36 from Westmoreland Street to Chester. Highly civilised and well recommended.)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I go all the time for the football.Stena have 1 boat that cant take foot passengers,I think its the stena Nordic.Its a real truckers boat and the passenger area is very small I think it can only accommodate 300 or so people.

All other ships on that route can take foot passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

As DUB 13 says, the nordica can't take foot passengers, the Adventurer can. Note c.
    http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/routes/dublin-holyhead/timetable/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

BeerNut wrote: »
    You can definitely walk in.
    I think what was meant is that they don't like people walking around the port and the defintitely prefer people to get a bus / taxi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement