Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 13 Thread

• 01-12-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Said I'd start this as the action starts tonight...

Who to start, Vince Young (@ Seahawks) or Carson Palmer (@ Dolphins)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Palmer versus the Fins if you ask me.

I think the game tonight could get ugly quickly and the usually pass happy Andy Reid might tone it down and run the ball more as a result.

but either way i think its a good choice to have both should post 15 plus points I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I was thinking along the same lines, I expect them both to be solid but unspectacular...

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

The Dolphins have been very good defensively recently, Palmer wasn't great last week and I don't expect tonight to be a blow out by any stretch of the imagination but I do expect the Eagles to win so I'd definitely go with Young.

I'd be checking if Moore/Ford are fit for Oakland, if they are then there might be an argument for going with Palmer, but it's Young for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

D3PO wrote: »
    I think the game tonight could get ugly quickly and the usually pass happy Andy Reid might tone it down and run the ball more as a result.

Hopefully he'll opt for the run over the pass. Could do with McCoy getting a few extra points. God knows what my WRs will do this week. They could get 40 between them or they could just as easily get 4 ponits.

Hopefully he'll opt for the run over the pass. Could do with McCoy getting a few extra points. God knows what my WRs will do this week. They could get 40 between them or they could just as easily get 4 ponits.

fyi Mcoy is a game time decision and is currenlty liste as questionable.

so you had better keep an eye on tonight closely.

thankfully I picked up Brown as a handcuff but It will seriosly dent my fantasy chances if I have to plug him in.

• Advertisement

fyi Mcoy is a game time decision and is currenlty liste as questionable.

so you had better keep an eye on tonight closely.

thankfully I picked up Brown as a handcuff but It will seriosly dent my fantasy chances if I have to plug him in.

Fúck I saw that yesterday and I forgot all about it. That would be a huge blow to me if I lose him. It'd take me right back down to barely a few points off my opponent.

I have to win this week to make sure of getting a bye for the playoffs. I may say a few prayers for him I reckon.

I have to win this week to make sure of getting a bye for the playoffs. I may say a few prayers for him I reckon.

you and me both. Pick up brown off free agency if hes there though just in case

you and me both. Pick up brown off free agency if hes there though just in case

I've got Jonathan Stewart as back up. He's a had a few pretty good weeks. He'd be starting only for the fact I brought in Law Firm a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Benny Cake wrote: »

Deffo VY. He'll get you running points, and is passing a tonne each game at the mo. The Dolphins' D are much improved, and will be intercepting Palmer on Sunday at least twice.

Get in there. McCoy is active for tonights game. Come on my son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭me89

Young and Jackson have been terrible so far.

McCoy is a ff beast. 2 TDs and 120 yards so far. Hope Andy just gives him the ball for the last while.

Whilst Im gutted that the Eagles lost last nigth being a fan things couldnt have worked any better for me from a fantasy football standpoint given I need a lot of things to go my way to scrape into the playoffs.

I need Spongey to lose. His opponent had Lynch and totted up over 26 points. Happy days :D

I need to at minimum to stay within 23 points of Dundalk. And D. Jackson only gets him 3.9. Happy days :D

and the of course Mcoy tots me up over 25 points whilst my opponent has Young as his starting QB scoring only 7.52 to give me a great start to my matchup.

The longshot playoff spot looks a little closer after last night. Still a long way to go but a great start to the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

You know you're addicted to fantasy when you stay up for Eagles-Seahawks.

I was thinking along the same lines, I expect them both to be solid but unspectacular...

tell me you went with Palmer ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Good idea - starting Marshawn Lynch

Bad idea - starting Vince Young

Should have been in store for a great week with my RB getting me 23+ points, but Vince Young has averaged that down to 30 between my starting QB and RB :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I need Spongey to lose. His opponent had Lynch and totted up over 26 points. Happy days :D

All this negative energy is not good for my team :(

Lynch had a good day but im still only 8pts down on projected scores so still in with a shot. Need a big game from one of my RBs (not bloody likely)

Went with Vince Young last night, it made watching the game last night all the more painful!! :(

All this negative energy is not good for my team :(

Lynch had a good day but im still only 8pts down on projected scores so still in with a shot. Need a big game from one of my RBs (not bloody likely)

Theres no love lost when it comes to fantasy football Im afraid Spongey. No offense mate.

I was delighted to see your running backs face Baltimore and Cincys defenses respectively. I couldnt have asked for better defenses to try and stifle them if I tried :D:p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Big weekend for me, i'm sitting in 2nd overall and the team in 3rd is playing an inactive team so its a must win for me to get my playoff bye.

So a big decision at RB, i think itll be a game time decision. Here are my RBs:

McGahee Vs Min: Limited in practise because of an illness, should play, 9pts last week
    Helu Vs NYJ: Healthiest of my RBs, scored 22pts last week
    Peterson Vs Den: my blue chip player, injured at the mo, didnt play last week, i've a feeling he wont either next week
    Hillis Vs Bal: Back from injury, 6pts last week, but playing the ravens this week

I'm leaning towards McGahee and Helu, too much risk with Hillis and Peterson.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement

If AP is fit then you play him. Its an early game which helps so you will know in time to take him out if you have to.

Hilis bad idea jsut back from injury, his head is all over the place and hes playing the Ravens defense which is too good against the run.

Vikings are terrible versus the run so McGahee is a great starting option if you ask me.

Helu good last week just as likely to be terrible this week he has no consistency so its a gamble.

for me AP & McGahee if AP cant make it then Helu but I woudlnt expect him to get a big score for you this week.

Helu and McGahee, unless AP can play.

Just my luck this week, a player who has been inactive in our league for a while, who played my rival last week, has just come active for my game against him and leads in projected scores, but I doubt he'll win because his RBs are McKnight and Woodhead and Henderson starts at WR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

I'd worry about Shanahan, though. Hillis banging one in from a few yards might be just as good a bet, Hardesty is pretty banged up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Hazys wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards McGahee and Helu, too much risk with Hillis and Peterson.

Any ideas?

AP confirmed out, I hear.

Hillis had 19 carries last week, not too shabby, but just looking at the box-score from when the Texans played Baltimore and they kept Arian Foster to just over 3 yards-per-carry. He could have 19 carries again and only have 6 points. So yeah I'd probably edge with Helu and McGahee, and hope for no Shanahanigans.

Cheers for the input.

Ya just read AP is out, so i think i go with Helu and McGahee, barring any unforseen issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Can't decide whether to start Michael Turner who is questionable but if he starts will get a shítload of points or start who is guaranteed to start but blows hot and cold.

Leaning towards Thomas, Turner could go off injured after 5 minutes....

Thoughts ?

Ha read there that Brandon Marshall was detained a couple of weeks ago over a dispute with a taxi driver. They were arguing over a $142 fare. He wasn't arrested.

Mustn't have had much effect on him considering his good performance last week. He can get into arguments every night of the week as long as he continues his good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Should I start Gore or Murray??

Should I start Gore or Murray??

Gore, definitely, playing the worst run defense in the league.

• Advertisement

Must win for me (again!) this week...

Only quandary is at defense Texans or Steelers?

I'm leaning towards the Steelers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Maybe I shoulda started Spiller :(

Gronkowski you sexy man. Another TD for him. Only one TD behind Megatron now.

Incredible week for my fantasy team. 91 points, megatron, Murray and Dawson still to play. Percy Harvin and Cam Newton doing the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Gronkowski you sexy man. Another TD for him. Only one TD behind Megatron now.

You were playing my mate. Ha ha....your team had 7 tds at 8.00pm. Ridiculous.

That said you beat him this week and I win the big bet!

You were playing my mate. Ha ha....your team had 7 tds at 8.00pm. Ridiculous.

That said you beat him this week and I win the big bet!

Ha ha sure you can buy me a pint or two from your winnings if I do it.

Gronk had a crazy night. Add in McCoy's 2 TDs on Thursday and my team were on fire alright.

I still have my main man Brees to play yet so I should get the win. He has Eli playing against my Packers D. He's ripping them apart at the moment. They give up so many yards it's crazy. I'll be hoping for a few picks if I'm lucky.

• Advertisement

Very welcome pick 6 from the Packers. What they give up in yards they more than make up for in interceptions and TDs.

I was hoping for a miracle this week but it doesn't look like I'll get it. I needed my division rival to lose or for me to score 39 more points than him. At one point today I was 60 points up, but that lead has been cut to 25, and it's looking like I'll need a big game from Calvin Johnson. He also looks like he's going to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Beautiful week so far. Garcon & Harvin getting it done! Gore playing atm & Brees in the dome still to come

Bad news Matt Forte owners, he won't feature in your playoffs. Torn MCL, done for the year.

matthew8 wrote: »
    I was hoping for a miracle this week but it doesn't look like I'll get it. I needed my division rival to lose or for me to score 39 more points than him. At one point today I was 60 points up, but that lead has been cut to 25, and it's looking like I'll need a big game from Calvin Johnson. He also looks like he's going to win.

It ain't over yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus.

In the Late to the Party league, top of the table clash, Asomugha Island has Newton, McCoy and AJ Green. He's currently on 115. Some how I'm only 21 points behind. Unless there's a few late TD's I'll be suffering a loss :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

In with a shout in all 4 leagues, Think I'll go 3-1

Need 17 from Sproles and Gates to re-ignite my play off chances in the PPR league. If that happens I'll likely lose another game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

SantryRed wrote: »
    Jesus.

In the Late to the Party league, top of the table clash, Asomugha Island has Newton, McCoy and AJ Green. He's currently on 115. Some how I'm only 21 points behind. Unless there's a few late TD's I'll be suffering a loss :pac:

having Garcon on the bench didn't help your cause, but hardly your fault considering your other 3 options were safer bets before kickoff, and all had pretty good days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bukman13 wrote: »
    having Garcon on the bench didn't help your cause, but hardly your fault considering your other 3 options were safer bets before kickoff, and all had pretty good days.

As dodgy as the Pats secondary has been, I couldn't justify dropping anyone else. Well played for the win. Hope we get to play again in the final. Ridiculously high scoring game. Even our benches had crazy days!

Right now I need the SD defense to score 11 to complete the miracle match. Thankfully Jax give up 10.4 points per game to defenses, though SD aren't great. I need a TD.

you'd swear you were playing!

I told you it wasnt over....only for that shady Greg Jennings catch (which was pretty iffy in my books), I'd have nailed him....

but still a possibility....11 points is doable but yes need a pick 6.

Bad news Matt Forte owners, he won't feature in your playoffs. Torn MCL, done for the year.

Correction. Sprained MCL - could be out anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks.

you'd swear you were playing!

I told you it wasnt over....only for that shady Greg Jennings catch (which was pretty iffy in my books), I'd have nailed him....

but still a possibility....11 points is doable but yes need a pick 6.

Well, the result has a huge effect on me:
    You win: I get first round bye, promoted, play winner of wildcard game.
    TBTA wins: I go into wild card game to get promotion. If I win that I play the best team in the league.

TBTA wins: I go into wild card game to get promotion. If I win that I play the best team in the league.

C'mon Jacksonville Offense!!!

It'll be 50-50 whether the SD defense gets 11pts or not...nail biting stuff.

I'm still pissed Garcon got nearly 20pts in 'Garbage' time against the Pats, this matchup shouldnt be this close.

Hazys wrote: »
    C'mon Jacksonville Offense!!!

It'll be 50-50 whether the SD defense gets 11pts or not...nail biting stuff.

I'm still pissed Garcon got nearly 20pts in 'Garbage' time against the Pats, this matchup shouldnt be this close.

I'm looking forward to watching ye mere mortals slug it out for the final playoff bye tonight. Tis a great feeling to have it all wrapped up.

Don't know what I'll do for the next two weeks though now that I won't have a game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement