Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running.ie - Terrible service

• 01-12-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi All

Just wanted to share my experience of www.running.ie. I have started back running after a hiatus and wanted to get a good pair of asics and some other gear (shorts/jacket). Found this website (runner.ie) and they seemed to have some competitive prices. I purchased 3 items and my account was debited.

As there was no sign of my gear (they had said 24hr delivery) I mailed them and they said they would check with the delivery room and call me back. I received no call so I rang them myself.

At this point I was told they had none of the items. They were un-apologetic and said they do have a different pair of Asics. I was furious as my account had been debited and was now told it would take 3 days for a refund.

Any road, I know mistakes happen .. but the manner in which they dealt with it has resulted in this post. I will not be using their website again.

Anyone know where in Dublin you might find a decent pair of Asics???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I got my last pair from the RunIreland website. Less than 24 hour delivery, and cheaper than in Elvery's. They have great value in the Asics outlet in Kildare Village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

the link doesn't exist !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

not in Dublin but www.forrunnersbyrunners.com are excellent value and service

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mymalovesme

the link doesn't exist !!!

Nicely spotted! www.running.ie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Doesn't surprise me. That company exists under a few different names and it's just as useless under it's more commonly known name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Doesn't surprise me. That company exists under a few different names and it's just as useless under it's more commonly known name.
    Ahh... Irishfit....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 canhascheez

aaah, Irish****.. the only thing worse than their service are their races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

aaah, Irish****.. the only thing worse than their service are their races.

The Valentines race they do in the park is particularly muck:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

Anyone know where in Dublin you might find a decent pair of Asics???[/QUOTE]

Also not in Dublin but these can be competitive depending on what type of Asics,
    www.startfitness.co.uk and I got a very cheap but good pair on www.javari.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Anyone know where in Dublin you might find a decent pair of Asics???

Amphibian King, Runways, Elverys. Might get them in a bigger Lifestyle branch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Ahh... Irishfit....

Took them three months for them to admit that they no longer stocked a particular brand of goods when I ordered and paid for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 canhascheez

tang1 wrote: »
    The Valentines race they do in the park is particularly muck:eek::eek:

Don't remind me, although I should hold onto it as my PB over 9.6km for a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I've called out to there shop previously, and it's actually pretty decent (good selection, friendly staff). Looks like they need to pay a little more attention to their online offering and customer service (and race measurement).

Advertisement