Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia C7 Button problems!!

Options
  • 01-12-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi there :),
    I just tried to access the menu on my Nokia C7 only to fine that the button does not respond to this command!
    The button itself is working as it accepts the command for unlocking the phone but it is as if the button does not recognize the command to access the menu!!
    The phone is Vodafone manufactured but was unlocked for an 02 sim. I have the phone with nearly four months and this is the first major problem I have experienced!
    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems or can anyone help?

Thanks!! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

As you proved its not the hardware, must be a software glitch. Just reboot the phone and see does it still happen then

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Yea did that 3 times and it didn't fix

denmar wrote: »
    Yea did that 3 times and it didn't fix

You could try reinstalling the firmware or done a hard reset, back up the phone before you do, but im not sure if it will resolve this issue. Its under warranty anyway so you can have it checked out free of charge. Go back to point of purchase and explain

What do you mean by that? Sorry I'm not great with the terminology! I dont think it's under warranty because it is unlocked to any network! I was told before that if a phone is unlocked it isn't covered by warranty any more?

denmar wrote: »
    What do you mean by that? Sorry I'm not great with the terminology! I dont think it's under warranty because it is unlocked to any network! I was told before that if a phone is unlocked it isn't covered by warranty any more?

You can reinstall the software yourself with a cable to your pc using the nokia suite software.

You can do a 'hard reset' which will put the phone back to its original state, but contents will be gone, so you need to backup the contents using same said software downloaded on nokia website.

Or return to the shop and send back for repair. Warranty isn't voided on the phone just because you removed the network lock.

• Advertisement

all my contents are on a memory card anyway so thats fine! how do you do a hard reset?

It's working again!! thanks for your help!! :)

Lucky! :)

Advertisement