Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your EDC KNIFE?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

bonniebede wrote: »
    I got a mora companion knife a little while ago. Tried it out today on an old leather handbag i was throwing away, I wanted to save some of the leather for projects.

I have to say i have never used a blade so sharp. It cut like the a hot knife through butter - marvellous.

Couldn't reccommend it highly enough for the price.:)

The trick is getting it sharp again when it loses its edge ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

bonniebede wrote: »
    I got a mora companion knife a little while ago. Tried it out today on an old leather handbag i was throwing away, I wanted to save some of the leather for projects.

I have to say i have never used a blade so sharp. It cut like the a hot knife through butter - marvellous.

Couldn't reccommend it highly enough for the price.:)
    Ive a few of these mora knifes some carbon some stainless steel and for the price €7 they are great knives Ive a more expensive one cost around €20 that i carry all the time when hiking. Just remember the blade isnt all the way through the handle be careful the pressure you use with it

If anyone is looking for Mora knives I get mine from this guy he is very helpful and very fast shipping
    http://www.dnoutdoor.com/Mora_of_Sweden/cat255083_181377.aspx

grapeape wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for Mora knives I get mine from this guy he is very helpful and very fast shipping
    http://www.dnoutdoor.com/Mora_of_Sweden/cat255083_181377.aspx

What sort of postage charges?

What sort of postage charges?
    Cheap i normally get 4 knives posted (5.50 ones) for €26 maybe €27

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

rodia77 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, my first post on these forums.

I've lived in Ireland for more than a year now. For the last few months I've been carrying Leatherman Squirt PS4 attached to my keys, an ersatz of an EDC knife, so to say. As this automatically makes an offender out of me, I am wondering: if I am ever searched for whatever reason and a knife is found on my person, will it even matter whether it's a keychain knife or any other full-sized EDC, be it locking, non-locking, one-handed, non-one-handed folder etc? I have made my choice to follow my reason and go against the law rather than be a sheep and put up with this absurd, and so soon I will be replacing the tiny Leatherman with a regular Victorinox or something else of my liking. I simply want to carry a more useful knife. But before I do that I would like to know whether the actual type of my EDC knife will make a difference if I am ever 'found guilty of an offence for carrying any knife or any other article which has a blade or which is sharply pointed in a public place'.

Also, what needs to be done to put an end to this idiocy, ie how can you, Irish citizens, bring the knife laws back to normal? If this law is ever interpreted in an equally idiotic way, people can end up getting arrested for carrying fountain pens (sharply pointed, can stab folks to death!). BTW, I also carry a tactical pen in my backpack...

Well, thanks. (I am highlighting my actual questions in bold so they don't get lost in this somewhat rantish post.)

ooh look at you sticking it to the man! btw to carry a tactical pen is probably an offense too as it is designed to be an offensive weapon (and a pen). If you are in a pub and someone starts a fight with you and the guards are called you might be searched. if they find a penknife you might be ok. if they find a tactical pen as well then you are going to be in trouble.

maybe you should adjust to culture you find yourself in.

Just got the replacement for my broken KISS 5500, didn't get the 5500 again so new one really isn't an EDC.

41cs9moQEYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Columbia River Knife and Tool 2030 Crawford Triumph N.E.C.K
    Amazon.COM link CRKT link

Can't decide yet if I should wrap the handle or not, it doesn't fit my hand that well as it is but its nice and slim so could be hidden easily.

Just got the replacement for my broken KISS 5500, didn't get the 5500 again so new one really isn't an EDC.

41cs9moQEYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Columbia River Knife and Tool 2030 Crawford Triumph N.E.C.K
    Amazon.COM link CRKT link

Can't decide yet if I should wrap the handle or not, it doesn't fit my hand that well as it is but its nice and slim so could be hidden easily.
    Wrapping the handle gives you extra grip and you have extra shoe lace if you need it I like the look of it its nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gews

Oh boy, I carry knives everywhere at all times. Right now I am carrying a Spyderco Endura4 and a 200mm Douk-Douk.

endura4ffgdouk_zpsa6f7805a.png

My EDC for about a year was this 4" bladed CS Vaquero:
    k4.png

My largest EDC was my Cold Steel XL Voyager, but I found it too big.
    gleekknife.jpg

My largest (only did this once :D) ever was this 24", 1/4-in thick machete.
    condor1.jpg

I like knives and stuff, invaluable tools. Shame they can be so tightly regulated.

Advertisement