Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTA involving young husky

• 01-12-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place and, Mods, please feel free to move.

I just wanted to notify boardsies of an RTA in Celbridge early this morning.

Somebody, somewhere, may be missing this little dog and wondering what happened to it.

A young husky type dog was hit by a large white transit van on the Hazelhatch Road, before the GAA clubin Celbridge, at 6.25am this morning.
    The van was travelling at high speed and although the driver can't have failed to see the dog and had the opportunity to avoid him, he hit him at full speed and just kept going.
    The blow was so severe that the poor little puppy was killed instantly and didn't suffer.
    This little dog looked to be somewhere between 5 and 10 months old.
    He was moved to the side of the road by a kind passer-by and local gardai were notified but unfortunately, due to poor lighting, shock and the speed of the vehicle, the passer-by didn't get a registration number.
    This poor little mite was wearing a black studded collar but there was no info on the attached tag.

RIP little one, run free on Rainbow bridge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Oh how terrible!
    There has been a young husky running around Celbridge, has a recent home haircut. I know of 3 people that came across him and took him in until the owner was located.
    The poor baby.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Poor baby. RIP

Last weekend I was driving home from work when I came across a little shetland sheepdog half on the road and half on footpath on a busy road. I parked up and walked back to where the poor little guy was. His back legs were gone and I've never before saw such a frightened looking little animal.

There were 3 people with him and they said a white van had hit him but didn't bother stopping to check if he was OK, just kept driving. I really don't know what has become of people. Was he afraid he'd be in trouble or something? Or did he just not give a $hit???

And shame on the owners for giving him the opportunity to get knocked down on such a busy road. Of course he'd no tag or collar either so they'll probably never know the tragic end result of their negligence:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

Thanks for that Themadhouse. This little guy had a fully clipped body and head except for a tuft at the end of his tail so it sounds like this could be our doggie.
    The poor little mite didn't deserve what he got and the animal in the van that hit him didn't have the decency to stop.
    He hadn't been seen on that side of Celbridge before from what I can gather and there are no ads up for a missing husky in Tesco or local shops or on any of the regular lost pet sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

If he was shaved then Im pretty sure I know who the owners are,dont know them well but know their name.Apparently he was let to wander all the time :(

Christ Boxerly, that's awful. The poor little baby. Apparently he was a skinny dog too, like he was hungry. A dog will stray for food if he's hungry and you may be on to something if he was owned by the people you suspect.

The gardai in Celbridge were notified of the accident and, at the time, nobody had reported a dog missing so they were none the wiser. If you feel inclined to let them know, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. If not, please feel free to PM me and I can do it as it was a member of my family who saw it happen and as a family of animal lovers, it was a traumatic thing to have to witness.

• Advertisement

Just to let you know boxerly, that poor little dog is still on the side of the road this morning.

Do you think the owners will be prepared to provide it with a decent burial or at least disposal? If it's still there on Sunday, I'm going to try and provide it with a proper send-off, even if it's only by taking it to the local vets for cremation.

The poor little mite deserved better than the lot he was lumbered with in his short life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

thats awful to hear :( i hate hearing about dogs or animals in general getting hit. someone should run over the van driver.

rip little one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Heartbreaking how someone can just run it over and carry on driving without a care in the world. :( I would like to think god forbid if one of my pets escaped and were hit then the least someone would do is move them off the road and ring the number on their collars or bring them to a vet to have the microchip scanned.

I'm know someone who has the phone number of the owner. The young lad is in work so it might be later tonight when I get it. I am hoping the owner has not seen the dig and ignored it. Raging at such bad pet ownership the poor baby.

Mary got your pm, sent one back with info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement