Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with new biuld win7 and USB.

Options
  • 01-12-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So long story short: if I turn off USB controller in bios windows boot, if I turn on windows freeze on "starting windows logo"

I can't do much without a mouse in booted windows. Got only old ps2 keyboard as all USB disabled. I can't install even chipset FFs.

Really desperate lads!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Eamonn Brophy

So long story short: if I turn off USB controller in bios windows boot, if I turn on windows freeze on "starting windows logo"

I can't do much without a mouse in booted windows. Got only old ps2 keyboard as all USB disabled. I can't install even chipset FFs.

Really desperate lads!

How long have you waited? I've had problem like this with long waits with win 7 before, usually leave it to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Here. If I plug out USB stuff windows booting up, if I leave it in. It always freezes on that starting windows screen ffs

Looks like I was able to fool system. I plugged out USB stuff and plugged it back in when fully operational. I can get to chipset install now.

I got network and all the bits in. Installing gpu drivers too and I will see if after restart I will have same problem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Well it's not going to boot if there's no drivers, and you can only install them from within Windows... You didn't try simply plugging them in before now?

i think i am sorted with that now. alot of people had this problem and by the looks of it it was sorted by a patch. i was lucky enought to be able to install patches somehow and it is sorted now! ( fingers crossed)

• Advertisement
Advertisement