Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are you getting your partner for christmas?

• 01-12-2011 9:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I'm thinking of getting her a voucher for a spa + small giftl, it will be a cheap xmas this year :-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Oooh voucher! Romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Don't ever get a woman a voucher as a present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a good teabagging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I would love to be treated to an overnight stay in a spa. All on my lonesome.

Not cheap tho

id like a spa voucher :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

baraca wrote: »

Get them anything but a voucher...just as along as it has a receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

A Glove! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭massiveattack

a good teabagging

Lyons, Barrys or Tetley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

An electric carving knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

RichieC wrote: »
    A Glove! :pac:

.......................<thinks...................oj murder...........no too clutching at straws..................dishwashing gloves....but there....plural......why would you get just the one glove.......golf?......................I'm lost>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

What am I giving my partner for Christmas?

False hope of a great present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Imagination Christmas! I've got a Hulla Hoop!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

That's bol1x!! Spa vouchers are an awesome gift:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Very very drunk ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Mine wants an aerobic step so I got her a step with an excercise ball and some weights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Same as last year, some motor oil, engine coolant, car air freshner and a bottle of spars finest wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

May I ask why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

getting pfft

I've already gotten it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Same as last year, some motor oil, engine coolant, car air freshner and a bottle of spars finest wine.

as well as chloroform, duct tape and a bag of lime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Green Mile

Girls like the spa idea but a voucher isn't something you can use on Christmas day like. A voucher is alright as a side present.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Im making a giant ant peel for my girlfriend.Moneys tight this year so i cant splash out as much as id like to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

No idea if I should get the fecker anything tbh.
    What do you think?

I said I'd get him a ps3, because we didn't have money for him to get one when Skyrim came out.
    Our tv didn't have the right plugs or something for a ps3, so we'd need to get a new tv too.
    But on the 11th of November, off he went and bought himself a ps3, big lcd tv, and skyrim.

We didn't have the money for it at all like!!
    Anyway, now seeing as he has bought himself his christmas present from me, I'm thinking I just shouldn't get him anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

as well as chloroform, duct tape and a bag of lime?

a decent spade and pick axe too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

She's getting new phone and/or camera. I'll see what funds I have! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dub88

All piss blasting aside, my oh wants a hd tv so my wallet is already empty :(

What do you think?

I said I'd get him a ps3, because we didn't have money for him to get one when Skyrim came out.
    Our tv didn't have the right plugs or something for a ps3, so we'd need to get a new tv too.
    But on the 11th of November, off he went and bought himself a ps3, big lcd tv, and skyrim.

Anyway, now seeing as he has bought himself his christmas present from me, I'm thinking I just shouldn't get him anything.

11th November ? , he was celebrating Armistice Day. Was he wearing a poppy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

She's getting me a Sony Tablet S (Skyrim wiki within hands reach!).

She wants, so i'm getting her, a HTC Desire. And a surprise*.

*My d1ck in a box, without the d1ck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Was going to get her a medium format film camera but then she dumped my ass so now I get to spend all the money on a super-awesome present for me. Shopping makes everything better.

Was going to get her a medium format film camera but then she dumped my ass so now I get to spend all the money on a super-awesome present for me. Shopping makes everything better.

Was she the whale or is that you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

What do you think?

Sort out the whole him spending money that should have been there for both of you any time other than christmas! Get him a present ofc! Just get what you can afford.
    She's getting me a Sony Tablet S (Skyrim wiki within hands reach!).

She wants, so i'm getting her, a HTC Desire. And a surprise*.

*My d1ck in a box, without the d1ck...

Do you not think it just ruins the idea of present giving if you both know what you're getting. You may as well buy your own presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭turnfan

Laptop, Movies, Insulated Coffee Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

s'pose I could pass on my crabs to her................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

mattjack wrote: »
    11th November ? , he was celebrating Armistice Day. Was he wearing a poppy ?

What?
    No, it was skyrim day.
    What are you on about poppies or whatever for?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

The new Dyson. It costs a bloody fortune, but we'll have cleaner carpets next year.

What?
    No, it was skyrim day.
    What are you on about poppies or whatever for?

ohhhh ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Jazzzman wrote: »
    The new Dyson. It costs a bloody fortune, but we'll she'll have cleaner carpets next year.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Well, I've been doing a lot of pressie searching with that new 'private browser' facility on firefox.

a lot of searching

least twice a day.

sometimes more.

Jazzzman wrote: »
    The new Dyson. It costs a bloody fortune, but we'll have cleaner carpets next year.
    You old romantic you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I disagree - I love getting vouchers. Guilt free spending :)

My OH is getting the fire and ice series of books, which he asked for. A few weeks ago he saw I'd had a delivery of books from the book depository and went looking for his books. I'd hidden them in my wedding dress bag which he will never go in to. I keep telling him that Santa might not be able to bring them because he hasn't been good this year! (He knows he'll get them though).

I'm going to do a stocking as well with lots of little things he likes, I've only got one thing for it so far. This super hot hot sauce I had to order online.

We usually tell each other what we want but this year he's got me a suprise - I'm intrigued as to what it will be

watna wrote: »
    I disagree - I love getting vouchers. Guilt free spending :)

My OH is getting the fire and ice series of books, which he asked for. A few weeks ago he saw I'd had a delivery of books from the book depository and went looking for his books. I'd hidden them in my wedding dress bag which he will never go in to. I keep telling him that Santa might not be able to bring them because he hasn't been good this year! (He knows he'll get them though).
    em, is there a story here...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

What do you think?

Depends, did he buy it with his own money or do you have a joint account? If it's his own money, why wouldn't he. If it's joint saving, just get him a game or something small since it was a bit out of order without at least talking to you first.

This is one of the reasons I would never have a joint account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Depends, did he buy it with his own money or do you have a joint account? If it's his own money, why wouldn't he. If it's joint saving, just get him a game or something small since it was a bit out of order without at least talking to you first.

This is one of the reasons I would never have a joint account.

Everyone is allowed have a mind of their own, Joint a/c does not mean both have to agree to everything that's bought.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Well, I've been doing a lot of pressie searching with that new 'private browser' facility on firefox.

a lot of searching

least twice a day.

sometimes more.
    thrice on Sunday.

what no thumbs up for my brilliant wit?

sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

New batteries, shes a sexbot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

an instructional DVD on sandwich making

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

hondasam wrote: »
    Everyone is allowed have a mind of their own, Joint a/c does not mean both have to agree to everything that's bought.

I agree that it does not mean both have to agree which is why I said 'at least talk to her first'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

A threesome

Kasabian wrote: »
    A threesome
    "for your partner", not for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

ArtSmart wrote: »
    em, is there a story here...?

Oh, I couldn't possible share that one :o

Nah, I just meant my wedding dress is hanging up in the spare room so I put the present in the bottom of the bag. We haven't had our wedding yet so I know he'd never look in there for fear of seeing the dress before the big day :)

watna wrote: »
    Oh, I couldn't possible share that one :o

Nah, I just meant my wedding dress is hanging up in the spare room so I put the present in the bottom of the bag. We haven't had our wedding yet so I know he'd never look in there for fear of seeing the dress before the big day :)
    Ahhhh.

totally different

gotcha

• Advertisement
Advertisement