Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding a hot-swap HDD - problem

Options
  • 01-12-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

Howdy all, noob question for ye.

I just got a new Samsung 1TB internal drive to add to our Aldi-bought Medion Akoya X7330D (MD 8339) PC, which has two hot-swap HDD bays. I'm fairly sure I fitted it correctly, and I can see the drive in Device Manager, where it checks out as "working normally", but it doesn't appear in Windows Explorer (7 Home Premium). I've tried rebooting, but didn't want to mess with BIOS settings without checking here first.

So - what have I done wrong? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Right-click My Computer and select "Manage". Go down to "Disk Management" and if your drive is connected ok it should be listed here. Check that it has a drive letter, if its missing assign one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Spot on, cheers mate. :)

Advertisement