Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Reading (and other Christmas pressies)

• 01-12-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests - what animal related books would you recommend? I'm browsing Amazon at the moment to buy myself a Christmas pressie and there is so much choice!!

Top of my list is the book DD has been recommending for months - In defence of dogs. It's in my trolly and waiting for me to press order :) After hearing how good it is, it certainly has a lot to live up to!

But what other books, and animal related things, are on your christmas Wish list?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Boogiewoogie

Definitely second DD's recommendation of "In Defence of Dogs", load of food for thought there.

I also loooove Temple Grandin's books, they were a revelation for me particularly "Animals in Translation".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

Also recommend DD....

plus the regulars:

anything by jean donaldson,

turid rugaas

"when elephants weep" and "through our eyes only?" are lovely books about animal behaviour/emotions.

A world without bees....very interesting

canine body language by brenda aloff.....

Suppose it depends if you are learning or just reading so many on my list too ....Im such a book hoarder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Anything by Vicky Halls I find an interesting look in into cat behaviour.
    If your looking for a reference book for cat or dog medical problems then the bsava book of veterinary nursing (purple is old edition, pink is the new edition) is excellent, only about €40~ on amazon. Very easy to read and understand, you don't need a background in veterinary to understand it and a handy thing to have at home.
    The temple grandin book mentioned above is quite good too, she's autistic and has an interesting view into animal behaviour.
    The art of racing in the rain is an excellent book but heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

not a book but last year OH got me a keyring with my Ruby's face laser etched in 3d on the inside of it. It is the coolest present I ever got. It is crystal and very sturdy and has a light also.:)
    this year I wanted the Frozen Planet book!

Advertisement