Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Aldi or Lidl

Options
  • 01-12-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Where is the best place to go shopping this week, do Aldi heve any special opening week deals or are Lidl having a sale to keep customers away from Aldi?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭massiveattack

Where is the best place to go shopping this week, do Aldi heve any special opening week deals or are Lidl having a sale to keep customers away from Aldi?

Strabane

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Strabane

you seen the price of wine up there, crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Strabane

If you don't have anything constructive to say then say nothing at all!

OP I haven't been in the new Aldi yet but was talking so someone who was and they said that there were nothing worthwhile going to the new Aldi for. They had a few specials on but they were just supposed to be like the twice weekly specials, nothing to save on your actual grocery shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Lidl had a giant chef cartoony type person outside the store this evening along with some music and a lot of balloons. Not sure what the point was as there didnt seem to be any extra deals on in the store itself.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Can't see a chain doing too many opening week deals as they can't undercut other aldi stores as far as I know. I usually find Lidl cheaper than aldi, but Aldi's food slightly higher quality, so I tend to use both. It would be worth calling past Aldi first to see if there are any deals on though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement