Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys Ice Grippers €5

• 01-12-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

as per the bargain thread,

does anyone know if there is any available here.

Aldi have/had them this week but their €7.99
    Dunnes €15 I think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

danjo-xx wrote: »
    as per the bargain thread,

does anyone know if there is any available here.

Aldi have/had them this week but their €7.99
    Dunnes €15 I think
    here,s a cheap tip for ya i won,t even charge ya!! if it snows just put a pair of socks over your shoe,s when your wearing them this will give ya some grips on the snow!!!!saw it on bear grylls lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

They had them in stock today in penneys anyway. Was considering getting them cos I had a bit of a fall last year lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

The ones in aldi are better than the ones in Pennys. The studs are a lot smaller on the aldi ones so it will go down further into snow/ice giving more grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

saw them in BnQ today they look much better then the one's I've seen around town look like this or socks over your shoes work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Would they last about 20 years, because it'll be that long before it snows again in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

dayshah wrote: »
    Would they last about 20 years, because it'll be that long before it snows again in Waterford.

Don't be mad boy! It's only around the corner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

the ones in aldi are better, they are the ones in the army shop rebranded with aldi own brand and are haf the price

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Apparently it's not going to snow til January so plenty of time to find some. Even though they're watching a cold front out in the Atlantic! I think some cobblers are doing them now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya the cobblers in Georges Court do them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Just wondering lads which aldi is it or do both stores do them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

dayshah wrote: »

too right plus the fact that we have massive stockpiles of salt around the country it just ain't goin to happen ~ trust me, I'm a doctor:D

@dark shadow should be all stores.

The glen only had xx size and one L size left which I bagged today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

The best ones I have seen are called Yaktrax

7210.jpg

But I am told a few computer case screws in the soles of an old pair of work boots does the job! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    Apparently it's not going to snow til January so plenty of time to find some. Even though they're watching a cold front out in the Atlantic! I think some cobblers are doing them now too.

January has come early so.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

here,s a cheap tip for ya i won,t even charge ya!! if it snows just put a pair of socks over your shoe,s when your wearing them this will give ya some grips on the snow!!!!saw it on bear grylls lol

Done that meself last year, it works brilliant.

Advertisement