Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky on Xbox?

Options
  • 01-12-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Hey guys trying to use sky player on the Xbox have one free slot on my sky id , when I sign in it says I can't connect ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Whats the exact message you get? And when you say you have one free slot do you mean you have other devices on the sky id already? If so are there any other xboxs on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

No Xbox just an iPad mate , just saying its unable to connect something along those lines , it's very strange altogether

Ok lets try and rule everything out. First and foremost have you created a different sky id for the xbox, as in you are not using the exact same one for the xbox?

To use my setup as an example i am using my folks sky, so i set up the xbox id under my name. Shortly after when i was telling my mam about it she asked me to set it up on her laptop, that id is in her name. You cant use one id in two instances, i know this because when i had set my mam up if i was watching sky on the xbox and my mam started it on the laptop i would get knocked off.

So long story short you should have

Ipad:ID 1
    Xbox:ID 2

Has this been done already?

Just as an add on as well, when having multiple id's like that one has to be made the primary id and the other the secondary id, only the primary id has access to live content and the secondary only has access to on demand stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 merlot05

i am having a similar problem. im trying to use windows media centre on my laptop and xbox to watch skygo through my tv but no joy

merlot05 wrote: »
    i am having a similar problem. im trying to use windows media centre on my laptop and xbox to watch skygo through my tv but no joy

Do you mean you are trying to stream skygo from your laptop to your xbox through media centre? Why not just use skygo on your xbox?

• Advertisement

ya thats what i mean. i only have the one skygo access as the other is in use on a different laptop. so i need to use it from my laptop

merlot05 wrote: »
    ya thats what i mean. i only have the one skygo access as the other is in use on a different laptop. so i need to use it from my laptop

Ok well I do not know if there is a way to do what you are asking. What I would say is you can actually have sky go on your xbox itself totally separate from your laptops. Skygo allows one xbox and 2 laptops per household, do you have an internet connection to your xbox? If so do you have a gold subscription?

If you have both these things you can download the skygo program on xbox live marketplace and install it. When you have created a skyid for the xbox you put the details in on your xbox and away you go!

ya i think that is what i will do. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

GAAman wrote: »
    Skygo allows one xbox and 2 laptops per household, QUOTE]

Just to clarify GAAman, since skygo was rebranded and the limit on devices changed from five to two, you can now have 2 xboxes per skygo account.
    (I know because I have it on two of them):)

okla wrote: »
    Skygo allows one xbox and 2 laptops per household, QUOTE]

Just to clarify GAAman, since skygo was rebranded and the limit on devices changed from five to two, you can now have 2 xboxes per skygo account.
    (I know because I have it on two of them):)

Oh I knew that, I was just testing you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 garyc1987

ok probably a stupid question but if i use my parents sky id which they only use on the tv in their house for my xbox in my house(different place) will this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

garyc1987 wrote: »
    ok probably a stupid question but if i use my parents sky id which they only use on the tv in their house for my xbox in my house(different place) will this work?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 42 garyc1987

Riskymove wrote: »
    yes

thanks this will come in handy as i have no channels in my room :D

garyc1987 wrote: »

Totally will, and you do not even have to be in the same county as them let alone house. My folks have sky in Dublin and I use their id here in Derry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Works for me too. all I have to do now is convince my Da that he needs to get Sky sports! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Totally will, and you do not even have to be in the same county as them let alone house. My folks have sky in Dublin and I use their id here in Derry :)

Dont even need to be in the same country as a friend of mine uses this the whole time from southern Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 seanie2

Totally lost here lads, excuse my ignorance. I'm getting an xbox for the young lad this xmas and setting it up in the play room where there is currently no tv aerial. I have a sky+ box in the sitting room. Are you telling me I can now get sky channels through the xbox in the play room.

If so this is brill...Does it cost anything and how is it done.

cheers you could really make my day here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yes you can get Sky on your Xbox. It's not all the channels but it is a good amount of the main ones anyone would watch.

Doesn't cost anything beyond your Sky subscription and your Xbox subscription.

To set it up, go to the Apps section on the website and download the Sky app. Once in there it will ask you for your Sky ID and password. Pop it in and away you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 seanie2

Do you need multiroom to get this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

seanie2 wrote: »
    Do you need multiroom to get this??
    Nope!

• Advertisement

seanie2 wrote: »
    Totally lost here lads, excuse my ignorance. I'm getting an xbox for the young lad this xmas and setting it up in the play room where there is currently no tv aerial. I have a sky+ box in the sitting room. Are you telling me I can now get sky channels through the xbox in the play room.

If so this is brill...Does it cost anything and how is it done.

cheers you could really make my day here.

How young is the young lad? The reason I ask is just to warn you, unlike sky tv you do not get asked for a pin when watching tv or films through the xbox so you might want to keep an eye on him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

okla wrote: »

Oh I knew that, I was just testing you :D

So you can use two xbox's to watch sky - but can you do this simultaneously or is it just one at a time?

Ignore this, editing my post created a second post. See below

Nedved85 wrote: »
    So you can use two xbox's to watch sky - but can you do this simultaneously or is it just one at a time?

I may be wrong here because there have been changes since I signed up but I am nearly sure that you cannot have more than one primary user. The primary user has access to live tv as well as on demand content. The secondary user will only have access to on demand content.

When you set up your sky id if there is more than one device you need to choose which becomes which, otherwise what will happen is if you have the two xbox's as primary, when you are watching sky on xbox 1 and someone goes to watch it on xbox 2, xbox 1 will be cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Just noticed that channel four and more 4 have been added along with 4OD on demand.

Noice!

Advertisement