Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicecans.co.uk - WTF is up with them?

Options
  • 01-12-2011 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know or use these dudes before?

I made an order for a phone cover about 3 weeks ago, I emailed last week and asked was this being shipped from England or Far East as it still had not arrived, I got the impression that it was being shipped from England when buying it but now I'm not so sure. I got a reply a few days later to say -

"Sorry I will resend this case as it should have arrived by now.

Thanks
    David"

Still no cover, I emailed them yesterday and asked them about it and no response to my e-mail.

Are these guys bent ?

Anyone any experience with them?

EDIT - Looks very dodgy - http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/nicecans.co.uk and here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3335730&page=5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A lookup at the UK WHOIS tells me the following. It does appear to be a UK based business. Generally I would give up to 5 working days for a parcel to arrive from the UK.
    Domain name:
    nicecans.co.uk

Registrant:
    G & J International

Registrant type:
    UK Individual

Registrant's address:
    Retail Services Forum 3, Parkway,
    Southampton
    Hampshire
    PO15 7FH
    United Kingdom

Registrar:
    Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG]
    URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 16-Feb-2010
    Renewal date: 16-Feb-2012
    Last updated: 19-Jul-2011

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
    ns.123-reg.co.uk
    ns2.123-reg.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 09:44:47 02-Dec-2011

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks Dudara,

I ordered on 10th Nov and have had one reply from a "David" on Nov 28th saying sorry it should have arrived by now and they'd send another one, have had no reply to any of my 3/4 e-mails since and goods haven't arrived as of last Friday 9th December, the delay was making me think they were coming from the far east....

<SNIP>- don't touch them with a barge pole, except to hit them with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you pay by credit card? If so, contact your bank about initiating a chargeback on your card.

dudara wrote: »
    Did you pay by credit card? If so, contact your bank about initiating a chargeback on your card.

I did and I will thanks a lot.

Just a heads up for others on here.

I hate internet a**hole companies like this, most don't operate out of England though - this is unusual.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Registrant's address:
    Retail Services Forum 3, Parkway,
    Southampton
    Hampshire
    PO15 7FH
    United Kingdom

If you look at this map you'll see what that address leads to, which looks odd...

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    If you look at this map you'll see what that address leads to, which looks odd...

Where - Salter Baker Consulting?

Thanks

My order never arrived, my credit card has been credited and if I were you guys I woudn't touch this company with a bargepole - except to beat the crap out of them with it.

A dodgy company - steer well clear.

Advertisement