Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile - Poor reception (Dublin city centre) - wrong number showing

Options
  • 01-12-2011 11:23pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently moved from O2 to eMobile, got an iPhone 4S with the order, previously using a 3GS.

Since moving, I've had serious signal issues, frequently dropping out to "No Service" in the city centre. I've been using an iPhone for two years now, and I've been living in the city centre for three years, no problems before.

Also, today, I sent a message to a friend and apparently the message came from my "pre port" number, ie, the number the SIM had prior to porting my old number over.

I've also tried some "test" calls from other phones to mine, and, even when my phone appears to have signal calls are frequently not connected.

Are the signal issues known? Is it a problem with the SIM or the coverage in Dublin city centre? Has my port gone through correctly?

Can provide further details by PM.

Thanks,

Ross

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Ello~?

I feel so rejected, I'm the only one who got no response today ;_;

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Dodgy port I'll reckon. very common problem. If the called id shown on an outdial is a 'temp' 085 number you had best get a new sim. This will fix incoming as well. The reason is that the national roaming element to voda will not work if the sim is borked as often happens. It seems they get it right second sim round ( after the complete port) and screw it up port pending.

Then they will double bill you and you gotta sort that out too, good luck with that. :(

Well, that's annoying if it's the case.

Would be nice if someone from the customer support team would respond with some sort of assurance that they'll help ensure this gets resolved expediently...

Really? Not even a "Hi, sorry you're having problems, we're really busy right now"?

Really?

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

CuLT wrote: »
    Hi,

Recently moved from O2 to eMobile, got an iPhone 4S with the order, previously using a 3GS.

Since moving, I've had serious signal issues, frequently dropping out to "No Service" in the city centre. I've been using an iPhone for two years now, and I've been living in the city centre for three years, no problems before.

Also, today, I sent a message to a friend and apparently the message came from my "pre port" number, ie, the number the SIM had prior to porting my old number over.

I've also tried some "test" calls from other phones to mine, and, even when my phone appears to have signal calls are frequently not connected.

Are the signal issues known? Is it a problem with the SIM or the coverage in Dublin city centre? Has my port gone through correctly?

Can provide further details by PM.

Thanks,

Ross

Hi CuLT
    Yes you should defintely have received feedback, my apologies, can you PM me your tel no, pin and model and I can have this investigated for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Tony/Steve,

Thanks for the response, have just dropped you a PM (addressing you as Tony!).

Another detail which may or may not be relevant - when I restart the phone and have to re-enter my PIN, sometimes it can take upwards of 5 minutes for the PIN entry to succeed (or fail entirely after some time has elapsed).

Would be nice to get it sorted this side of Christmas, I'm missing messages/calls and people are getting responses from an unknown number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Would be nice to get it sorted this side of Christmas, I'm missing messages/calls and people are getting responses from an unknown number.

Hi Cult
    have just received your PM today and have escalated this. I wil be back to you Friday afternoon. Sorry for the wait.
    Tony

Any update from tech support on this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

2 shopping days left till christmas Cult....you will have to bite the bullet and get a new sim. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, depressing :(

Of course getting a new SIM could just mean the thing doesn't fecking work at all for the entire Christmas period...

Just a quick update on this; tried a full reset/restore (as Tony suggested).

Was a little skeptical, but it appears to be operating better; I don't think I've had a drop out to "No Service" since. The wrong number thing persisted, but I think I solved that one myself - for whatever reason, the iPhone had the "pre port" number stored as the number for using iMessage.

Tried reconfiguring it but couldn't be sure if it was working, so I've disabled iMessage entirely and I haven't had any reports of strange numbers from friends since. I *think* everyone who reported the problem to me had an iPhone, so think it solves that mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Was a little skeptical, but it appears to be operating better; I don't think I've had a drop out to "No Service" since. The wrong number thing persisted, but I think I solved that one myself - for whatever reason, the iPhone had the "pre port" number stored as the number for using iMessage.

Tried reconfiguring it but couldn't be sure if it was working, so I've disabled iMessage entirely and I haven't had any reports of strange numbers from friends since. I *think* everyone who reported the problem to me had an iPhone, so think it solves that mystery.

Hi CuLT
    happy to hear that worked, not sure why the pre port number was still stored, but if you do have any further issue let me know.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clarem4

Hi CuLT
    happy to hear that worked, not sure why the pre port number was still stored, but if you do have any further issue let me know.
    Tony
    I have had an absolutely dreadful time with e mobile service in dublin city centre, just randomly doesnt work, very awkward when your driving somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi clarem4,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

I would recommend trying a location update on the device by switching the phone off for ten minutes and turning it back on.

Please let us know if this works.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement