Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ludacris vs Drake & Big sean

• 01-12-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

I hope it goes down like china town, hip hop needs a decent battle involving a few of your bigger names.

im a fan of big sean and a little bit of drake but I dont think they could bring it to luda who i have to say just dropped a class mixtape, I really cant see drake and big sean getting into this i reckon they will keep there mouth shut.

the beef started with drake and big sean saying luda stole their flow or something like that, honestly though i don't think drake or sean would hold a candle to ludacris if they reply.

I think luda will go out and at least win the beef, i don't think anyone will be ja ruled so to speak.

this is a class diss track, keeps it real hits some home truths. Nice video too flashbacks of how it used to be.

id have the up most respect if drake and big sean actually replied with some music, if they win it could earn them a bit of respect amongst hip hop fans who dont like them imo.

what do ye think, would any of ye like too see this beef happen?

this is of the mixtape, id recommend it and the mixtape. the tapes on daftpiff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Will they kill each other, that would be brilliant.... Or are they going to sing to each other and call it a battle, which in reality is prob the gayest thing ever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Nothing will happen here, none of them are the beefing type.. Drake or Big Sean might have a very obscure subliminal diss in one of their future songs but that would be it. Would be kind more interested in the beef between Jay and Wayne but doubt we'll hear any more about that in the near future.

I'll give Luda's mixtape a listen, downloaded it when it dropped but haven't got round to hearing it all yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Mike... wrote: »
    Will they kill each other, that would be brilliant.... Or are they going to sing to each other and call it a battle, which in reality is prob the gayest thing ever...

as much as i want too see it happen, i dont think either will reply musically, drake will more than likely say he isn't a battle rapper but if he's a rapper he shouldn't be immune to battling its what hip hop is about (used to be) KRS one called jay z out on it before who constantly drops subliminal disses to rappers but never replys in a kind of fashoin where he is too big to respond which is wrong , krs said your never too big to battle and he's right it comes in hip hop at least it should.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Nothing will happen here, none of them are the beefing type.. Drake or Big Sean might have a very obscure subliminal diss in one of their future songs but that would be it. Would be kind more interested in the beef between Jay and Wayne but doubt we'll hear any more about that in the near future.

I'll give Luda's mixtape a listen, downloaded it when it dropped but haven't got round to hearing it all yet.

ye your more than likely right, but honestly mate i think it would be great, we havnt seen a decent beef since 50 vs ross and that was 2 years ago now. I think it would be good and generate some interest from all hip hop heads.

are jay and wayne still beefing, i heard wayne's diss but jigga didnt respond i dont think?

i personally think its only a matter time before 50 and wayne start going at it, i think 50's been trying to bait him out the last year or 2, certain shots here and there.

50 vs t.i nearly went down that also would have been good, it got sorted over the phone though.

are jay and wayne still beefing, i heard wayne's diss but jigga didnt respond i dont think?

Jay (kind of) responded on 'Mr. Nice Watch', when someone asked Cole if that was Jay hitting back at Wayne over his line on 'It's Good' Cole said something like "I don't know if it's him hitting back but it's definitely a tap, he's tapping back".

I guess the "blood" part was addressed at Wayne, pretty weak response when compared to Wayne's threats of kidnapping Beyonce, etc. so I'm guessing Jay is just trying to avoid a real beef.
    Jay-Z wrote:
    No more Mr Nice Guy, hello Mr Nice Watch
    Only but a matter of time ‘fore I hit ya’ll niggas with the nice shot
    Y’all niggas, better not call the law
    Get no blood on my Audemar
    Meaning ya’ll better not waste my time
    When y’all ready I’ll take you all to war
    Wouldn't mind seeing 50 and Wayne but would it be a proper back and forth serious beef (like 50 had with Ja, Game and Ross)? Did Wayne ever respond to that diss from 50's street king track?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I dont know what Drake has said but that other big sean guy has backed down majorly, I dont know who the hell he is still though.

"I like my money hauuuuah, i like my honey hauuuuah i dont like luda hauuuuah " - Drake

I guess the "blood" part was addressed at Wayne, pretty weak response when compared to Wayne's threats of kidnapping Beyonce, etc. so I'm guessing Jay is just trying to avoid a real beef.

whats new with jay z, i know this is a bit controversial but i honestly think a lot of rappers would wipe the floor with jigga these days he's so far from what he used to be. He's dodged beanie segal, wayne, dipset, game and 50 in recent years someone is going to service him real bad soon but maybe jay knows it reason why he never really responds only subliminally at times, i could be wrong but maybe if jay stopped ducking out of battling we would have an answer.
    Wouldn't mind seeing 50 and Wayne but would it be a proper back and forth serious beef (like 50 had with Ja, Game and Ross)? Did Wayne ever respond to that diss from 50's street king track?

i dont know mate, but 50 has defiantly thrown out a few shots over the last few years at wayne even at the end of the officer ricky go ahead try me diss track he calls him out at the end. Wayne never responded to any of the shots 50 threw at him.

a track was leaked called louiseanimal where wayne has a shot at 50 around 2 or 3 years ago supposedly after 50 mocked him for kissing baby on tv on a track, but wayne said it was never meant to come out. I just personally think something is brewing between the 2 and its only a matter of time before it goes down.

id love too see it happen but considering wayne's new found friendship with eminem, i doubt he would let it happen in saying that though 50 has just gone right up against his boss dre in the headphone market in which dre and jimmy wernt happy about at all so who knows but i think eminem would prevent it even though it seems 50 is throwing the bait out for wayne time after time looking for a bite, you know if wayne says anything remotely bad or even subliminally about 50 he will respond and then its on.
    I dont know what Drake has said but that other big sean guy has backed down majorly, I dont know who the hell he is still though.
    how do you big sean has backed down mate? ah he has some good music in fairness a bit on the comercial side of things but he is good imo.

50 has just gone right up against his boss dre in the headphone market in which dre and jimmy wernt happy about at all so who knows

Never believed that for a second, pure publicity stunt.

50 has just gone right up against his boss dre in the headphone market in which dre and jimmy wernt happy about at all so who knows

Never believed that for a second, pure publicity stunt.

Na I don't think it was, dre was asked about them and didn't look happy he said he never heard of them lol

Also slim da mobster got involved, 50 started threating to leak his song with dre that's suppose to be on detox etc etc.

I think 50 was pissed at not being offered his own range of beats like diddy etc that's why he brought out his own brand.

But he has just gone up against his boss in the headphone market what ever way you look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

how do you big sean has backed down mate? ah he has some good music in fairness a bit on the comercial side of things but he is good imo.

I am subbed to jumpofftv on youtube (from watching the battles) and in a video they were discussing an interview he gave on the "beef".

• Advertisement

Na I don't think it was, dre was asked about them and didn't look happy he said he never heard of them lol

Also slim da mobster got involved, 50 started threating to leak his song with dre that's suppose to be on detox etc etc.

I think 50 was pissed at not being offered his own range of beats like diddy etc that's why he brought out his own brand.

But he has just gone up against his boss in the headphone market what ever way you look at it.
    He goes to the point of telling his 5 Million followers, plus every hip-hop media website on the web, that he's not happy with Interscope over his own album deal and then says Dre and Jimmy aren't happy he's releasing his own headphones and threatens to leak a Detox single.

Nothing has happened (yet). That's free publicity if I ever saw it. Twitter is great for celebrities like 50, they take full advantage.

He goes to the point of telling his 5 Million followers, plus every hip-hop media website on the web, that he's not happy with Interscope over his own album deal and then says Dre and Jimmy aren't happy he's releasing his own headphones and threatens to leak a Detox single.

Nothing has happened (yet). That's free publicity if I ever saw it. Twitter is great for celebrities like 50, they take full advantage.

of course twitter is free publicity so is facebook, radio and tv etc but honestly i think there was a bit of bad blood over the headphones there was bound to be, but ye it was publicity at the same time as is all beef, interviews, appearances in public etc everything is publicity when your a celeb. Its cleared up now anyway according to 50.

the only thing that didn't happen was 50 not leaking the detox song, he went ahead with the headphones which were released a few days ago so he is in the market against dre's beats so he's gone up against his own boss in his own lane and has arguably released a set of headphones which are better than the current top model beats going by the review one of funks flex's crew gave in fairness they do look good.

twitter is like a modern day radio, ye its publicity but people speak there mind on it first and foremost and if the publicity is bound to come with it for celebs.

as far as the label, 50 has being in dispute with interscope since 07, early signs when he said fu*k jimmy iovine i aint got no boss etc on a track leading up to the curtis album , but really its down to 50 not realizing he is no where near as big musically as he use to be imo, it has a lot to do with the decline of gangsta rap but also the fact 50 has released a lot of rubbish the last few years he's been inconsistent musically imo.
    I am subbed to jumpofftv on youtube (from watching the battles) and in a video they were discussing an interview he gave on the "beef".

cheers, must give that a listen!

the only thing that didn't happen was 50 not leaking the detox song, he went ahead with the headphones which were released a few days ago so he is in the market against dre's beats so he's gone up against his own boss in his own lane and has arguably released a set of headphones which are better than the current top model beats going by the review one of funks flex's crew gave in fairness they do look good.

Had a look a review for those headphones the other day, not sure if they're going to be any real threat to Beats to be honest. Are they going to be available everywhere like Beats are because it looks like they're just available online at the moment? Just sold my Beats as I'm going to get the wireless model when it's released here but wouldn't mind trying SMS in the meantime, don't think I'd buy them though..

Had a look a review for those headphones the other day, not sure if they're going to be any real threat to Beats to be honest. Are they going to be available everywhere like Beats are because it looks like they're just available online at the moment? Just sold my Beats as I'm going to get the wireless model when it's released here but wouldn't mind trying SMS in the meantime, don't think I'd buy them though..

i dont know mate tbh, there out of my price bracket anyway as are beats havnt really giving the much research bar the interview from funk flex's crew.

but they do look unbelievably durable, they look very hard to brake iv never seen a pair of headphones where you could pretty much bend them in 2.

im happy with the marleys I have and there only the basic model, if was upgrading id only get the street or pro beats its a crazy amount of money imo for the top range models but i suppose with the bluetooth etc etc they could be worth it.

when's dre's new 1s coming out?

this is worth a watch mate if your in the market.

i dont know mate tbh, there out of my price bracket anyway as are beats havnt really giving the much research bar the interview from funk flex's crew.

but they do look unbelievably durable, they look very hard to brake iv never seen a pair of headphones where you could pretty much bend them in 2.

im happy with the marleys I have and there only the basic model, if was upgrading id only get the street or pro beats its a crazy amount of money imo for the top range models but i suppose with the bluetooth etc etc they could be worth it.

when's dre's new 1s coming out?

this is worth a watch mate if your in the market.
    Yeah they look very tough alright, definitely has to be one of the big advantages SMS have over Beats, have heard plenty of stories about Beats breaking in half, etc. but luckily never had any bad experience with mine.

I'm planning on getting the wireless Beats Solo's, they're being sold exclusively in Apple stores in the US at the moment I think, not sure when they're going to arrive over here but my normal iPod headphones will have to do until then, very hard to go back to after using Beats for a while :p

Yeah they look very tough alright, definitely has to be one of the big advantages SMS have over Beats, have heard plenty of stories about Beats breaking in half, etc. but luckily never had any bad experience with mine.

I'm planning on getting the wireless Beats Solo's, they're being sold exclusively in Apple stores in the US at the moment I think, not sure when they're going to arrive over here but my normal iPod headphones will have to do until then, very hard to go back to after using Beats for a while :p

what happened to your beats that your back using the the normal ipod headphones?

i say that has brought you back down to earth anyway, im so use to the marleys atm but i used my normal in ear headphones yesterday in the gym and i just couldn't believe how poor they were and to think actually use to think they were good:D.

one thing i am getting is the in ear beats headphones, handy for just walking around or the bit of training etc nice and compact.

what happened to your beats that your back using the the normal ipod headphones?

I sold my normal Beats Solo's after the wireless Solo's were announced, loved them and probably could have hung onto them a bit longer but I just wanted to get as much as I could for them before the wireless go on sale. No release date has been set yet so I've been thinking about the in-ear Beats (I think they're called Tour Edition?) because I only really use the big headphones when I'm at home or if I'm travelling, I think they're too big to bring into college everyday..

Advertisement