Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay - Clocks Remix

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Drenalin wrote: »
    Just finished my latest remix of Clocks by Coldplay .
    Please check out the video on youtube and like / comment for support if you like it :rolleyes:

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb-fRTQ-Lwc

Too full on, too soon -

Why don't you post it on the feedback thread, while you're working on it. It sounds burnt on Youtube - you should use Soundcloud first.

Your track has lots of good ideas, and lots of skill (stuff I can't do)...But you've done everything too full on. You're trying to ram a lot of stuff into a two minute edit (I know it's not two minutes long - only because you couldn't squish it down that far)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Drenalin

Thanks for the feedback .I half see what your saying about it being a bit condensed but I dont want the track to run any longer than 5 minutes .I like to keep my tracks shorter because I get bored listening after 5 minutes so I tend to make them to around that length .I've tried to keep this remix around the actual length of the original song as you can see :)

What do you mean by it sounds burnt on Youtube btw ?
    Any other suggestions ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Drenalin wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback .I half see what your saying about it being a bit condensed but I dont want the track to run any longer than 5 minutes .I like to keep my tracks shorter because I get bored listening after 5 minutes so I tend to make them to around that length .I've tried to keep this remix around the actual length of the original song as you can see :)

If short is your thing, stick with short. You could be quite good at doing short tracks for people who use short tracks - mainstream radio stuff - a certain kind of DJ'ing. If that's the style you like, that's what you should work on.
    What do you mean by it sounds burnt on Youtube btw ?

It could be Youtube doing it - or it could be the way you mastered it. If you push your mix just that little bit too far, you get a little cliping. You may have a little ear fatigue and you don't notice the clipping - and then the mix will be a little burned. My experience with Youtube - sometimes it just doesn't like your master, and it adds clipping and artefacts that weren't there before.

You tube is harder to get right than soundcloud. With sound cloud, it maximises to the highest peak - so if you trim your wave with a rock hard hard limiter, you get much closer to what you originally intended, without added artefacts.
    Any other suggestions ?

Listen to the radio. Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, I'm deadly f'ing serious. Those tracks on the radio are in a very tight style. Things that take 16 bars to happen in a long track, happen in 4 bars. Build ups and break downs come much faster and more often

Sorry, I'd say more, but I have f'''ck murderous headache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Neverlandland

Where did you get the acapella for this?

Advertisement