Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good vet clinic in Meath?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

My friend said the guys at the hospital in Ratoath on the main street are awesome but i don't know the area well.

www.ratoathvets.com

Oh wait theres a map on their website!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Are you looking for somewhere in the Ratoath area? The vets in Ratoath are really good, I always take mine there, or else Michael Carolan in Navan 0469029770

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Paul Kelly- great vet in Ratoath. Clinic just up past the school, row of shops and bus stop just on your left and hes in there. I live in Ratoath and take mine to Beaufield Clinic in Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chats22

Why do you bring your pet to Cellbridge if Paul Kelly is so good. I used to go to him when he was in his first clinic but he left a few years ago. The Vet thats there now is very friendly, the clinic has been there for years and I find them really reliable and they are the best price for booster shots!

Why do you bring your pet to Cellbridge if Paul Kelly is so good and you live in Ratoath??? I used to go to him when he was in his first clinic, the one behind the dry cleaners, but he left a few years ago. I found him ok but the vet that replaced him seems to be good enough. Hes quite friendly and the clinic has been there for years, I also did a price check on a few clinics and they were the cheapest for my dogs booster 65euro!! If anyone can find it cheaper let me know, every penny counts at this stage and my loyalty can only stretch so far!!

Hiya,

Yep I am familiar with the vets behind the dry cleaners and they are nice in there. There are reasons why I choose to use Beaufield, not least as I feel they actually listen to you properly...hence picked up a bowel disease that my dog had pretty quickly on examining him. He would have had this bowel disease for some time and I had noted issues with his eating previously, there was no tummy exam done in Ratoath.
    Its just my opinion, not saying that they are not a good vets but Beaufield are just that bit more thorough.
    Id rather keep my dog going to the same vets but if I didnt go to Beaufield then Paul Kelly would be my next stop.
    The reason I posted re Paul Kelly was that the OP asked for recommendations in Meath.

• Advertisement

And my dogs booster shots are cheaper than 65 quid, but maybe it works on dog size as opposed to a set price per injection.

why what size is your dog? mines a springer sp, iv always had springers so i never even considered it would be based on the size of your dog. Like i said before if i can get my dogs boosters cheaper id have no problem going elsewhere. By the way what is a "tummy exam"?

Mines a mixture- cocker and cavalier we think, possibly a bit of beagle in there too!
    He had been off his food a bit, getting sick fairly regular but not like every week...you know when you just know somethings not right...
    I just personally felt that at times when I was asking questions the old vets were a little dismissive, I wasnt asking stupid questions but general ones on worming and stuff like that.
    Tummy exam- stomach examination (vet felt around, felt something not right, dog taken in, xrays and all that, gut inflammed and very swollen, food changed from James Wellbeloved to a prescription diet and some tablets for a little while, now a different dog who eats his food, doesnt puke and is in much better form)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

I have been to a couple of vets and I found http://www.royalpetvet.ie/ the Best. The place is spotless and he can do most tests there. He care about the animals and is not in it for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

http://www.athboyveterinaryhospital.ie/

Best by far.
    Friendly, personal service.
    Nothing is too much trouble.
    Saved one of my dogs when near deaths door a few times.
    Cannot rate them enough.
    Well known in the area among farmers and families for quality animal care.

http://www.athboyveterinaryhospital.ie/history.html

http://www.athboyveterinaryhospital.ie/team.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

donmaga1 wrote: »
    I have been to a couple of vets and I found http://www.royalpetvet.ie/ the Best. The place is spotless and he can do most tests there. He care about the animals and is not in it for the money.

Will second that, had a puppy with them some years back and they were great IMO.

We go to Farrellys, just off Haggard St. in Trim (Brogan's carpark) and they're always spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

went yesterday to the one in Trim, always spot on indeed and very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I use Ashbourne Vets and I find them grand. They are just up from the credit union on the main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭vinn

we had a lovely cat that had stopped eating so we took it down to the trim vet what a mistake we were given a dose of antibiotics told they were painkillers and sent home with our cat that we were told was dying with cancer:o jump forward one week when our cat was still the same we asked did our cat need any more painkillers or antibiotics the reply was what did we think call us back in a day or two if we thought the cat needed them :o

so we went off to the veterinary hospital in athboy only to be told that our cat had a bad kidney infection which almost killed him from dehydration so he was put on a drip and within a couple of days we had him home

our verdict stay well clear of that lot in trim all they are interested in is money
    here's one customer they wont be calling to them anymore :o

Advertisement