Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent pub for socializing - suggestions?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

A couple of friends are coming over from UK and it's their first time in Dub.
    They want me to bring them to a pub where they can find people of mid 20s/30s age group, late bar but not a nite club....something with a bit of fun where it's possible to meet/have a chat with the opposite sex without shouting in each other ears :D

All i know is Diceys but getting tired of the same old!
    they want to head somewhere fun and not full of 18 yr olds...maybe Ranelagh/Rathmines are good areas just for a change?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

Hairy Lemon perhaps? Or Toast in Rathmines might be nice either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've had great nights (not recently mind you) in The Bank in Dame Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Bleeding horse or many of the pubs up Wexford street maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Bleeding horse or many of the pubs up Wexford street maybe.

+1 on Bleeding Horse, was there on Saturday after Kasabian for the first time (:eek:), good vide in the place and only €3.80 for a pint of Harp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Whelans

Hogans

The workman club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Whelans
    Bleeding Horse
    Bruxelles
    Hogans
    Market Bar
    The Globe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Whelans

Hogans

The workman club

Don't know if it was Whelans or the Village but last Saturday there was a huge queue of people (looked like they didn't get into the Palace so under 20's) trying to get in, not sure if it's like that every Fri/Sat.

As for the Workmans Club, he doesn't want to be with teenagers so I doubt he wants to be at a Topman modelling event!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

The bar with no name, opposite the appalling, dreadful, soulless Market Bar (beside Hogan's, just off Sth George's St.)

And whatever you do, don't take them to the bloody Bleeding Horse for crying out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

nobody has mentioned my beloved northside yet! fibbers is good any night of the week,tp smith on abbey st,frank ryans and dice bar on Benburb st. are usually good bets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

+1 on Bleeding Horse, was there on Saturday after Kasabian for the first time (:eek:), good vide in the place and only €3.80 for a pint of Harp.

I've been there meself the past two Saturdays.

€3.80 a pint is hard bet on a Sat night.

Also; Village is +22s on a Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Don't know if it was Whelans or the Village but last Saturday there was a huge queue of people (looked like they didn't get into the Palace so under 20's) trying to get in, not sure if it's like that every Fri/Sat.

As for the Workmans Club, he doesn't want to be with teenagers so I doubt he wants to be at a Topman modelling event!
    Ah I've been to the workman's pub a few times on a Saturday and it's grand...

OP, there's O'Donoghues on Merrion Row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

MIN2511 wrote: »
    O'Donoghues on Merrion Row

Excellent call, and there are plenty of other options around there if you want to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Anseo on Wexford St

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

All good choices bar the Hairy Lemon, rip off prices there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

All good choices bar the Hairy Lemon, rip off prices there.

Boo. I know it's a rip, but I think its got a nice layout/beer garden/atmosphere.. and mayhaps the OP is a multi-millionaire anyhow.

Advertisement