Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Capo?

• 02-12-2011 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi folks, would really appreciate your expertise from the forum. My 13 year old has been playing the guitar since the Summer and really loves it. She is now looking for a capo as most of the songs she likes require one. The guitar is a basic acoustic one. Is there a particular one i should look for, or can i pick one up from amazon for a €5? Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I've been playing for 8 years and I've gone through a few of these (through loosing them :rolleyes:):

DunlopAdvancedGuitarCapo-11.png

http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/advanced-guitar-capo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,087 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

all much of a muchness I think - I use one of these, I find it handy that you can clip it to the headstock when you're not using it:

p28592.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

you can pick up a cheap one for about a fiver if you want. There are several for under a 10er. Your thread title is for 'best capo' though.
    The defacto one is the Kyser Quick-change. Its about €20 and very easy to use.
    Alternative to that is the Dunlop Trigger like the one 'loyatemu' posted. Its the Dunlop copy of the Kyser (avoids Kysers patent!). About the same price.
    My personal favourite is the G7th capo. Its a little more expensive.
    All 3 are easy to operate and can be clipped onto the headstock when not in use.
    A no frills but excellent little capo is the Shubb. But its not as quick to apply as the other 3 mentioned.

In short, buy a Kyser and you are sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I find that those Kyser ones are a little too strong for electric guitars and tend to grab the strings too hard.. increasing the pitch.. I had to adjust mine with a pliers.. This is kind of the inverse of the problem that normally happen with these types of capos..

DunlopAdvancedGuitarCapo-11.png

Any of these capos I've had usually take a lot more time to put on.. Generally they need a bit of work to stop them from dampening particular strings

Advertisement