Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish proclamation Poster/Board in Irish and english?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone, been reading these forums for yonks but this is my first post. I have at home an Irish proclamation copy which is printed onto a thick (iirc approx 2mm) piece of paper which is written in Irish on one side and english on the other.

I havent been home to see it in a while but iirc it is about 800mm high and about 400mm wide and looks pretty old, obviously this will have been recent enough relative to the actual proclamation being drawn up but I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on where it may have come from. I was told they would have been displayed in public buildings etc commonly, are there many of these left nowadays? Sorry for being so general but I cant find a pic of the exact one online, hopefully I will jog the memory of someone of an age greater than my own.....

Regardless of it being common, uncommon or whatever the case may be I dont want to get rid of it as I think its just a lovely looking thing, and obviously being Irish it is of much importance to my history so I hope to get it framed soon .

Thanks everyone :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Archaeology would probably be the best Forum to ask in.

Valuemystuff may be worth a look...
    Our expert will prepare their valuation which you will receive within 48 hours. We'll email when your valuation is ready. The report is a PDF detailing your item's history & value.

I've never used the Site, it was on Dragons Den few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I have one on my wall - but it's only a few years old. It's also in Irish on the front and English on the back (Depending on what way you look at it I guess).

Could you take a picture of it and upload it here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Collectibles and Antiques is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=394

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement