Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tired waiting, Any suggestions ?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 1:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭

I had ms flight sim 2002 years back and enjoyed it but lost it somewhere. I was looking forward to the release of flight this month but delays again I think. I will wait no longer. Any suggestions for an alternative ? I have my pc and force feedback joystick ready for christmas !!

NEWS FROM THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM

December 1, 2011 - Beta Program Now Accepting Applications

As promised in our November update, we have big news for all of our Flight fans: the Microsoft Flight launch sequence has begun!

We’re thrilled to announce that the Microsoft Flight Beta is scheduled to kick-off in January 2012 and we are now accepting applications to participate in the beta program – to apply click here. Note that any beta applications sent via e-mail to msflight@microsoft.com will not be considered for inclusion in the beta program.

We will be sorting through your applications over the coming month and will get back to qualifying participants with additional details throughout our beta phases in January. As we taxi for takeoff, we will continue to provide intriguing updates about the future of Microsoft Flight so please keep checking in on our website or on our Facebook Fan Page.

Fasten your seat belts, return your tray tables to their upright and locked positions, and get ready for Microsoft Flight to takeoff!

The Microsoft Flight Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Was delayed? I was barely aware that it was showing screenshots and gaffing about how amazing it would be...

you have the kit, so get fsx, its cheap now, and frankly, pretty great.

Methinks flight will be a let down anyway, a gorgeous, graphically rich, let down... What they've said so far doesn't afford confidence. If you sit around and wait for something supposedly awesome, its never going to come, or be good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Firekitten wrote: »
    Was delayed? I was barely aware that it was showing screenshots and gaffing about how amazing it would be...

you have the kit, so get fsx, its cheap now, and frankly, pretty great.

Methinks flight will be a let down anyway, a gorgeous, graphically rich, let down... What they've said so far doesn't afford confidence. If you sit around and wait for something supposedly awesome, its never going to come, or be good enough.

Im going to remain very very optimistic about flight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

If its good, I'll get it, most deffinately, if its better than fsx? awesome.

I'm just not convinced it is yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

Where around Dublin would I pick up a copy of FSX ? I tried 2 branches of gamestop, Henry St and Omni in Santry and no joy. Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Ive seen it in PC World before. Might be worth giving them a call.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

bandit197 wrote: »
    Ive seen it in PC World before. Might be worth giving them a call.
    I will have a mooch in there today, Thanks

Advertisement