Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My HKC alarm keypad has a faulty sound issue

Options
  • 02-12-2011 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi,

I hope someone here can help me out. I have a HKC alarm keypad that has developed a sound issue. When the alarm is set and a voice/buzzer can be heard, it is not as loud as it used to be, in fact it is quite low. It also sounds distorted e.g. crackled, hoarse

The alarm works fine and was installed about 2 years ago. It has not been tampered with and still serves me well. However, a member of my family requires a reasonable volume from the keypad due to there bad hearing.

• Is this a common issue?
    • Can it be fixed by simply replacing the speaker?
    • Will a new keypad sort out the problem?
    • How much do they cost?
    • Is the sound issue a sign of worse things to come?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Phil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

sengoku wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope someone here can help me out. I have a HKC alarm keypad that has developed a sound issue. When the alarm is set and a voice/buzzer can be heard, it is not as loud as it used to be, in fact it is quite low. It also sounds distorted e.g. crackled, hoarse

The alarm works fine and was installed about 2 years ago. It has not been tampered with and still serves me well. However, a member of my family requires a reasonable volume from the keypad due to there bad hearing.

• Is this a common issue?
    • Can it be fixed by simply replacing the speaker?
    • Will a new keypad sort out the problem?
    • How much do they cost?
    • Is the sound issue a sign of worse things to come?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Phil

Hi Phil,

If you can disconnect the keypad then reconnect it this might solve the speaker issue. A new keypad would cost about €70-€80. The keypad issue is not a sign of worse things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You could try replacing the speaker

Advertisement