Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chiropractic

• 02-12-2011 4:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

Im interested in gathering some constructive feedback about peoples views about Chiropractic, both good and bad views. If someone has some feedback about Australian educated chiropractors this would be very much welcomed

Your time is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You are probably better off asking on a Australian forum if you want information about Australian educated chiropractors. Boards.ie is based on ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Chiropractors Motto....
    "Why do in one Consultation what you can drag out over 5 or 6."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Chiropractors Motto....
    "Why do in one Consultation what you can drag out over 5 or 6."

this applies for all musculo skeletal therapists. Do You expect them to be able to fix an injury & a life time of imbalances in 1 treatment session?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

quacks in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spinedr

interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

spinedr wrote: »
    Hi there,

Im interested in gathering some constructive feedback about peoples views about Chiropractic, both good and bad views. If someone has some feedback about Australian educated chiropractors this would be very much welcomed

Your time is appreciated

chriopractors are con artists IMO , i have a problem with pain stemming from an accident i had over four years ago , on the advice of some people i know , i visited a chiropractor , he told me that my spine was the source of my problem and that my spine was twisted , , this despite the fact that the pain wasnt in my back , i now have lumber spine damage from this cowboys pulling and pushing , my back is in pain every minute of everyday , theese slimeballs often refer to themselves as doctors , they are nothing of the sort , at least not in ireland where chiropractic is not a recognised medical discipline

i go to a physiotherapist every month now , theese are the best people to see when you have trouble with your back , stay away from them other chancers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spinedr

Id like to thank everyone for there time, this was constructive feedback for me, although i must add that you guys need to lighten up, with regards to all allied healh practitioners, they need time to get you better,unless it something really minor, everything takes time to heal so one must have patience, and adhere to the treatment advice ie rehab exercises, stretches and go for periodic evidence.

There is no permanent fix for anything people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

@spinedr: here in Ireland, you'll only hear people saying that Physio are gods, full stop.
    I'm not exactly answering your question but here is my experience...
    I have an osteopath (I know it's not exactly the same as a Chiro, but he works on back problems, etc.) and he's great. Depending on what I have, it takes one or two sessions, it's different from what a Physio does. Once the problem is fixed, I see a Physio and do some rehab, strengthening, etc.

Id like to thank everyone for there time, this was constructive feedback for me, although i must add that you guys need to lighten up, with regards to all allied healh practitioners, they need time to get you better,unless it something really minor, everything takes time to heal so one must have patience, and adhere to the treatment advice ie rehab exercises, stretches and go for periodic evidence.

There is only one post referring to the length of time treatment takes.

I think you will find that exercise perscribtion, stretching and "evidence" is where chiro's fall down.

In regards to your opinion that there is no permanent fix for anything - Bahahahahahahahahhaahhaha

There is only one post referring to the length of time treatment takes.

I think you will find that exercise prescription, stretching and "evidence" is where chiro's fall down.

In regards to your opinion that there is no permanent fix for anything - Bahahahahahahahahhaahhaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 D2chiropractic

It is unfortunate that here in Ireland Chiropractic has no regulation. Its such a shame as healthcare in Ireland seems to be so far behind countries like the UK where they have now placed Chiropractic in the NHS.

If you want to see a qualified real Chiropractor who has professional indemnity insurance go to the Chiropractic Association of Irelands website. Only qualified/accredited Chiropractors can join this, members of this association can not do some 2 week course and claim to be a Chiropractor. I know of individuals here in Ireland who are claiming to be Chiropractors who are not, so make sure the person you are seeing is accredited. Perhaps this is why the reputation is poor in Ireland, whereas in Australia, Canada, America, UK, New Zealand etc it has an great name.

I am sure the Medical profession along with Physiotherapists have not helped with this as there is a hell of a lot of 'chiro bashing' going on, which I encounter on a very regular basis and which I find extremely unprofessional. However in saying this I can see the difficult situation they are in, although I'm sure many like Chiropractic and actually see a Chiropractor they are pushed into a corner. They have to tell you not to see us because the government has been refusing the recognition of Chiropractic for many many years. In fact the World Health Organisation recognises Chiropractic as a legitimate healthcare profession. Perhaps some of our government officials have some vested interests in keeping Chiropractic unregulated. Some form of corruption in the government, impossible :)

Just like any profession (physios or medics etc) their are good and bad. Personally I make sure that I treat everyone ethically and try and get them as best as I possibly can in the shortest possible time, and contrary to some views above I do get great results. It is unfortunate that people come into the office and expect a miracle treatment in one visit especially when they have been in pain for years. So please understand that Chiropractic just like physiotherapy and osteopathy actually takes time for changes to happen. Just like when a GP gives you drugs for a medical condition, it takes time to work and in many cases the treatment will be ongoing for years if not till death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 D2chiropractic

Sorry I just re read that, excuse the bad english.

Just to clarify, I am not suggesting that people need a lifetime of Chiropractic care, like some people are on life long drug therapy. I was just trying to point out some similarities in spinal conditions and some visceral conditions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My chirorpactor is Australian trained, she's Irish.

First went to her with a bit of hip pain about eight years ago.

Then I got knocked down and walked around with a fractured hip for a week, until I crawled into her thinking my hip pain was acting up.

She sent me straight to a and e with such a descriptive note that the doctors sent me straight to x ray.

She also refused to treat me until the fractured hip I'd been walking about on was healed.

IN the years since she is the person I go to when my hip acts ups, one visit and I'm fixed.

I also have a knee injury and have a physio for it, he can fix it up temporarily and I have to go back.

Without hesitation I would recommend my chiro, she is brilliant at what she does, and never oversteps what she cannot do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Noreen101

Hello there

I attend a chiropractor who actually trained in Australia. I have been to many different professions with my health but she is the only practitioner that I would recommend. I had pains in my joints since my early twenties and she has nearly completely cured me. So yes I would recommend you book an appointment with a chiropractor.

Advertisement