Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Bars- not the Front Door/ Kellys.

Options
  • 02-12-2011 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a nice late bar that isn't packed full to the brim & isn't too loud? I'm going to a 50th party this weekend & there's a chance we'll all go out in town at 12.30 or 1am for a few late ones.. I cant think of anywhere that isn't way too loud & that's good craic.. Any suggestions would be really appreciated :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Can anyone suggest a nice late bar that isn't packed full to the brim & isn't too loud? I'm going to a 50th party this weekend & there's a chance we'll all go out in town at 12.30 or 1am for a few late ones.. I cant think of anywhere that isn't way too loud & that's good craic.. Any suggestions would be really appreciated :)

Freenys at the bottom of shop street isnt usually too packed, Morgans (Forster Court Hotel) on Forster St. isnt too mad either. Its not the easiest to find a quiet bar in galway at the weekend, everything is very centralised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Freenys at the bottom of shop street isnt usually too packed, Morgans (Forster Court Hotel) on Forster St. isnt too mad either. Its not the easiest to find a quiet bar in galway at the weekend, everything is very centralised.

Freenys doesn't open late.

Was in Buskers for a lter one last weekend.Not as manic as front door and managed to tuck into a quiet corner in slate house part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Freenys doesn't open late.

Was in Buskers for a lter one last weekend.Not as manic as front door and managed to tuck into a quiet corner in slate house part.

Are you serious? I was in Buskers on Saturday night and ive never seen the place so busy, couldnt move. If he's looking for any sort of quiet pub he's better off staying well away from the latin quater or quays area

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Late bar for old ones? Spanish Arch....aka Jurassic park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Freeneys is always choca bloc. and its not a late bar, although its not exactly "not" not a late bar. :D

go to monroes live. good music, venue and craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

... its not a late bar, although its not exactly "not" not a late bar. :D

Without naming names, some of the places in Woodquay have that characteristic too. Though it kinda helps if they know you.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Are you serious? I was in Buskers on Saturday night and ive never seen the place so busy, couldnt move. If he's looking for any sort of quiet pub he's better off staying well away from the latin quater or quays area
    Ah no, it was busy but we didn't get there till about half one and it wasn't heaving like the front door, which we just left in despair...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Massimos can be ok around 12.30, it doesn't tend to jam until after 1 or so. If you get a booth to yourselves it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hmm I reckon they'll want to go into the city. BUt most of the pubs would be too loud. Decisions, decisions. There will be a large crowd... Not easy to find somewhere.. House Hotel open late?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

McSwiggins . Was there lorrying back pints until 2am recently. Not loud, finger food by arrangement, not crowded...€3 a pint :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Don't like the layout of this place.. it's like a restaurant down the side with a small pub area at the front (nobody wants to sit right under the TV) and a really dark room at the back.

Advertisement