Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expansys.ie

Options
  • 02-12-2011 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

First time ordering stuff off this site, I had a look at boards.ie posts and people were kind of 50/50 about it, so I'd like to give my input before people start their Xmas shopping!

They advertise product as "In Stock", BUT when you place the order, they inform you that they are "Awaiting stock"!

Eg.

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (UK)
    100+ In Stock Now
    https://www.expansys.ie/microsoft-natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000-uk-194412/

But... when I check my order on my account page:
    29/11/2011 02:00
    Total: €42.60
    This order contains:
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (UK)

herp derp that's pretty ****

I mailed info@expansys.com on Dec 2nd, 09:11, basically asking them "wtf"

Update: 2 Dec 2011 14:19 - I got a response from them

"We have stock at our suppliers in England, and they can’t ship directly to you in Ireland. I have requested a lead time from the purchasing manager."

Update: 3 December 2011 08:18 - Apparently the order has shipped

trackorder@expansys.ie trackorder@expansys.ie via expansys.com

Thank you for your order, we are pleased to tell youthat it is now on its way to you

Conclusion: Still waiting for item to arrive, will wait and I'll update this post then

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Play do that too, sometimes. It's a pain in the ass, especially if you don't notice the awaiting stock bit and are wondering where your order is.

I've used Expansys once, and it was all right once it was in stock. I ordered a phone that was awaiting stock, and that went on for weeks. Their estimated delivery dates kept changing. I wouldn't order anything that they haven't confirmed is in stock right now, as it's quite possible you won't get it in time.

For Christmas shopping online, I'd have started it a lot sooner than now. Problems like this will become more frequent the closer you leave it, not to mention the possibility of long postal delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

36.46 on Dabs, and it's in stock.

http://www.dabs.ie/products/microsoft-natural-ergonomic-4000
    3SMQ.html?refs=42410000-50310&src=3

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

Thanks mate, they have actually just informed me that they've shipped my item - I'll update my original post when it arrives

So far I can't complain about the response time of their customer service or their shipping time - but I still feel a bit mislead by how they advertise their items as being in stock (on an Irish site)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

Okay looks like you cant edit posts that are more than 48 hours old...

The item has arrived! I placed my order on Friday and got it this morning on Tuesday. Delivered in 3 business days, including the day I ordered it on.

So my conclusion.. after an initial WTF moment... everything worked out better than expected.

Advertisement