Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isle of Wight Festival 2012

Options
  • 02-12-2011 10:24am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

FRIDAY
    HEADLINER TBA
    Elbow
    Example
    Noah and the Whale

SATURDAY
    HEADLINER TBA
    Biffy Clyro
    Madness

SUNDAY
    Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
    Noel Gallaghe and the Flying Birds
    The Vaccines

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

what it like?

anyone been?

to see bruce for 80 euro more then it costs here be worth it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Friday headliner announced tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers confirmed for Friday night.
    It'd be great if that turned into a mini tour. As far as I know, they've not played here since the two nights in the Point for Into the Great Wide Open.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

FRIDAY
    Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
    Elbow
    Example
    Noah and the Whale

SATURDAY
    HEADLINER TBA
    Biffy Clyro
    Madness

SUNDAY
    The Vaccines

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tom Petty:eek: My god if PJ are the final band I will prob go. PJ would prob play with both headliners.

• Advertisement

I think most people thought PJ would have been announced this morning since they were making an announcement themselves . Yea lots of people on the IOW facebook page saying its a crap announcement and one lad even said "Suppose you can beat the great headliner KOL" :eek::eek:

Yea i really wanna go to this and really hope PJ are the last headliner

Yikes...they prob bitched bout Bruce too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Mushy wrote: »
    Tom Petty:eek: My god if PJ are the final band I will prob go. PJ would prob play with both headliners.

My thoughts exactly. Those three acts are practically interchangeable, in terms of who'd turn up as a guest at the other's show.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Mushy wrote: »
    Yikes...they prob bitched bout Bruce too.

Think they did:mad:

FRIDAY
    Elbow
    Example
    Noah and the Whale

SATURDAY

Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Madness

SUNDAY
    The Vaccines

• Advertisement

Ah here now I dont think I can go

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Best line up I've seen of a festival yet. Well worth going to. I just don't have the funds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I'm going to try my best to get over for this. The lineup looks amazing so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I think most people thought PJ would have been announced this morning since they were making an announcement themselves . Yea lots of people on the IOW facebook page saying its a crap announcement and one lad even said "Suppose you can beat the great headliner KOL" :eek::eek:

Yea i really wanna go to this and really hope PJ are the last headliner

Wait... people were bitching saying that it was a bad lineup? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

edit: sweet jesus, they are!

Dermo wrote: »
    I'm going to try my best to get over for this. The lineup looks amazing so far.

Im the same , hope to round up a few friends for an oul holiday to the IOW :D

Yea i love how people are moaning "Selling my ticket" etc . Sure the 2nd stage is set to be very urban/pop which is good , plus it might mean that their will be a better crowd at it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I'm hoping to go anyway.Anyone know the best route for travelling from Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

bradlente wrote: »
    I'm hoping to go anyway.Anyone know the best route for travelling from Ireland?

Not sure where would be easiest to fly into, probably London? I'd say you could boat Dublin - Holyhead and drive to Southampton if you fancied the drive. Google says it's 327miles at just over 7 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Not sure where would be easiest to fly into, probably London? I'd say you could boat Dublin - Holyhead and drive to Southampton if you fancied the drive. Google says it's 327miles at just over 7 hours.

Fly into Sounthampton, then train . . . .

If travelling by ferry I suggest you drive to Rosslare, then sail to Fishguard, drive down to south coast, then ferry across to the Isle . . .

More acts being announced at 8am tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

What are the chances of this selling out soon?Really up for going now but probably won't get the chance to geta ticket until tomorrow or the weekend.

Rosslare-Fishgaurd sounds good.Only a stones throw away:D

• Advertisement

FRIDAY

Main Stage
    Elbow
    Example
    Noah and the Whale
    Feeder

SATURDAY

Main Stage
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Madness

Big Top
    Headliner TBA
    Professor Green
    Wretch 32
    Loick Essien
    Clement Marfo & The Frontline

SUNDAY

Main Stage
    The Vaccines

Big Top
    The Darkness

Ah why did they have the Darkness headline against Bruce

EDIT Bruce finishes at 11 , Darkness finish at 12

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

This looks amazing. Pearl Jam, The Boss, The Darkness, Tom Petty, Madness all at once :eek: I really want to go. Probably won't be able to afford tickets until the end of January though!

wed morning 8am

act prior to biffy
    act prior to madness

big top headliner friday

garden stage headliners fri and sat

and a bunch of big top bands for the sunday

398577_10150448613452736_253497142735_8865531_789187166_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Hey. Fingers crossed this will be my first year getting to IOW. Line up is just to good to be missed. To any of you fine folks that have been before how much did the full trip cost roughly! Any help is greatly appreciated. Saving starts now!
    Thanks!

Lots of you are asking when we are going to announce more acts..well you won't have to wait long as the next announcement is THIS FRIDAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Hey Guys,

I couldn't recommend IOW enough...I went in 2010 with Paul Mc Cartney playing and it was just an unreal experience. EP and Oxygen have nothing on this festival. Its brilliantly organised, really safe and a completely different crowd to what you get here. The weather was amazing the weekend we were there too. The camping ticket is such good value, we went over Thursday and flew back Monday morning. The looks we got on the flight home, the hack of us! But honestly one of the best weekends of my life!

The only downside was the travelling, it is a fair trek to get there, especially when you consider the gear etc you bring over. Its not a bad idea to splash out on one of those pre pitched tents/cabins they do, totally worth it just so you dont have to cart all your camping gear over.

We got a plane to Gawtick, then a two hour train directly to Southhampton station. (The train station is underneath Gatwick airport so you don't need to go into London). From the station we got a shuttle bus to the port, the ferry to IOW then another shuttle bus to the campsite. Then we had to walk a fair bit to pitch our tent, and we were there early afternoon Thursday. So its a bit of a trek, especially going home again when you havent slept for three days!

But TBH, the travelling was all part of it, and the weekend itslef totally made up for it. Everyone was lovely, and either kept to themselves or were up for a chat if you fancied it. No scumbag teenagers trying to steal from you or p**sing on your tent in the middle of the night!

The whole trip including ticket, transport and spending money probably set me back about €300? But the line up was so amazing that year too, it was amazing value!

If you're thinking of going, just do it!!

lilmizzme wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I couldn't recommend IOW enough...I went in 2010 with Paul Mc Cartney playing and it was just an unreal experience. EP and Oxygen have nothing on this festival. Its brilliantly organised, really safe and a completely different crowd to what you get here. The weather was amazing the weekend we were there too. The camping ticket is such good value, we went over Thursday and flew back Monday morning. The looks we got on the flight home, the hack of us! But honestly one of the best weekends of my life!

The only downside was the travelling, it is a fair trek to get there, especially when you consider the gear etc you bring over. Its not a bad idea to splash out on one of those pre pitched tents/cabins they do, totally worth it just so you dont have to cart all your camping gear over.

We got a plane to Gawtick, then a two hour train directly to Southhampton station. (The train station is underneath Gatwick airport so you don't need to go into London). From the station we got a shuttle bus to the port, the ferry to IOW then another shuttle bus to the campsite. Then we had to walk a fair bit to pitch our tent, and we were there early afternoon Thursday. So its a bit of a trek, especially going home again when you havent slept for three days!

But TBH, the travelling was all part of it, and the weekend itslef totally made up for it. Everyone was lovely, and either kept to themselves or were up for a chat if you fancied it. No scumbag teenagers trying to steal from you or p**sing on your tent in the middle of the night!

The whole trip including ticket, transport and spending money probably set me back about €300? But the line up was so amazing that year too, it was amazing value!

If you're thinking of going, just do it!!

Wow tbh i would have thought it would have been more . Im really hoping to go to it and with spending thereabouts of €300 it seems very reasonable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 julanont

Are these the actual headliners?

• Advertisement

julanont wrote: »
    Are these the actual headliners?

Tom Petty , Pearl Jam and Bruce Springsteen are the headliners

Advertisement