Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment Appeal Tribunal

Options
  • 02-12-2011 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm not looking for legal advice here - but would welcome thoughts suggestions...
    I had a hearing yesterday against former employer for unfair selection for redundancy. they used downturn in business as reason for selecting me. and openly admitted at hearing that they did not use the first in last out policy they have used with everyone else over the years... I was the Only exception to this policy and kept employees with lesser service than me on...they said business was bad... which was untrue, and i produced proof of this at hearing - they did not provide figures to back up their their claims of downturn. so, case has been adjourned for a few months to allow them produce these figures. they are not a limited company so figures are not registered with CRO. They also lied under oath yesterday. said there were other ppl made redundant also (this is not true) i was the only one. they did let temps go, but reinstated them and gave everyone a pay increase. and expanded the business in the months following my redundancy. What it boils down to now is their proof of figures and because of the way they have behaved and blatantly lying i have no doubt they will produce figures that are not true reflection of business. My question here is when we go back into court.. how can I handle this? i know my solicitor should have a way of dealing with this but I will be cross examined again and want to drive home my belief that they are lying again - without actually calling them liars. Also just to note they did try to settle out of court yesterday but what they offered was pittance so we went ahead... Any suggestions how to imply or suggest to the tribunal that these figures may be false?.. Again...as i say I'm not looking for Legal advice just thoughts on this. especially since we've had two hearings where they did not provide these figures but went into great detail on other aspects of their defense. but now have a few months to get figures out..
    thanks for reading...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm not looking for legal advice here

Sorry, I think you're looking for advice that only your lawyer can give

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement