Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Fees

Options
  • 02-12-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the correct area for this so please feel free to move it. If I call a UK landline from my meteor mobile, does the person in the UK have to pay a connection charge to receive my call?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

no they dont ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭swampgas

Landline phones (in Europe, anyway) never have to pay to receive a call, as far as I know anyway.

Mobiles in Europe will usually only pay to receive a call if they are roaming internationally, the idea being that the caller can't be expected to know where the mobile they are calling is located, so the mobile is charged for forwarding the call internationally.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

No, unless your roaming you don't pay to receive calls in Ireland from abroad. The same for european member countries, unless your roaming, you don't pay to receive calls from any country. Best ask your operator for exist pricing and charging techniques though.

However, in america you do pay to receive calls on a mobile when your not roaming aswell as roaming.

Advertisement