Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get zip on kneehigh Winter boots fixed?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

I need to get the zip on my favourite pair of boots fixed. It snapped off last week when i yanked it too hard after it got caught on the lining :(:rolleyes:

Anyone know where I could get this done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Would none of the places that do the heels do it?

Otherwise you'd be looking for alterations places to fit a new zip I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Thanks for the reply Des: was thinking one of those places would be best......just wanted to throw it out in case anybody knew for sure before I hauled them into town with me on the bus :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

The places that do alterations would be highly unlikely to have the heavy duty machine for stitching leather (assuming that your boots are leather). I can recommend C&D Shoes on Charlemont Street (next door to The Barge).
    C & D Shoes

There's also a shoe repair place in Pearse St station that has done leather stitching for me before but I haven't used them recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Gyalist wrote: »
    The places that do alterations would be highly unlikely to have the heavy duty machine for stitching leather (assuming that your boots are leather). I can recommend C&D Shoes on Charlemont Street (next door to The Barge).
    C & D Shoes

+1
    These are pretty much the best you'll get in Dublin. Their attention to detail and their knowledge are really good. A few years ago, when I was in there waiting to get served, I saw one of them diagnose a ballet shoe problem involving mixing polishes and fixing what looked like a wood crack, with amazing professionalism and at a reasonable price.

(no affiliation)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

hickeys might have a zip replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

C & D Shoes

There's also a shoe repair place in Pearse St station that has done leather stitching for me before but I haven't used them recently.

Just the place I'm looking for..........the boots cost nearly €200 in Arnotts, in perfect nick apart from the zip which can't be pulled up.
    Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

C & D Shoes

its more that you need a stirrup machine that the boot can fit over. Most alterations places would only have flat machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Slydice wrote: »
    hickeys might have a zip replacement

Just to say Hickeys don't have zips suitable for boots, I was just in there today asking. Their recommendation was to bring them to the professionals.. so much for trying to save a few bob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

There is a repair shop off Baggot St Lower which does that kind of thing. I think it is called Baggot Lane beside Tesco's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

That guy off Baggot Street's expensive and extremely rude imo

Advertisement