Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BER refresher day instead of exam

• 02-12-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Here's an idea.

We all know by now about the BER exam that we are being ordered to sit in the coming months. What its actually going to achieve, I'm not really sure but it is going to mean more expense to the BER assessors. I think its €121 inc VAT.
    I for one would have no qualms in attending a refesher course every year for a day. I would gladly hand over the €121 if I thought I was going to leave at the end of the day, better equipped to complete BER assessments to SEAI satisfaction and thus avoid audits and penalty points. A one day intensive refesher course run by the SEAI would in my mind serve an altogether better purpose. It would however have to be delivered by the SEAI themselves and not by one of these ''training companies''. Straight from the horses mouth as they say. That way we get the correct information first hand and not dealt the fluff and third hand information we paid our money to listen to in the initial training courses.
    If class sizes were between 15-20 max @ 100 plus VAT, I'm sure it would more than cover the cost of room hire, staffing, expenses instead of shelling out to an outside contractor as they are doing at the moment.

Would anybody like to expand?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

very good idea... so therefore probably wont be undertaken by SEAI.

I cant see them lowering their Audit frequency.... AFAIK they have externally contracted out these audits, so theres probably a guaranteed quota for these auditers to meet.

I suppose SEAI would argue that the frequent issuing of technical bulletins is probably there way of, free of charge, keeping assessors refreshed in their policies.

Advertisement