Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email problems - what port?

• 02-12-2011 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi, I'm having endless trouble with email. I can log into my (register365) webmail and receive and send no problem. using mac mail though, sending is a problem. Generally receiving is ok. I think it's the port settings - reg365 told me to change to port 993 or 995 as they moved to 'imap' email, which as I understand it allows messages marked as 'read' to sync between computers (or something like that!). Can't get it to work either way, can anyone help? broadband is with UPC. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If you are sending using a mail client over a UPC connection do you not need to use UPC's SMTP server rather than register365's?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You can only use Register365's smtp server for sending emails if you have purchased the Authenicated SMTP add-on for your particular domain.

Otherwise you have to use UPC's one which is smtp.upcmail.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Kildafornia

You can only use Register365's smtp server for sending emails if you have purchased the Authenicated SMTP add-on for your particular domain.

Otherwise you have to use UPC's one which is smtp.upcmail.ie

Maybe that's the problem - I have smtp.upcmail.ie setup as the outgoing mail server, but I have options to use default ports (25, 465, 587) or a custom port. I have default selected, but under advanced I have port 993 selected. The weird thing is that I have 3 accounts setup with the same settings, and only 2 give problems.

Stumped

Advertisement