Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bronze turkeys suppliers - waterford

• 02-12-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭

hi, there have been a few articles in the national newspapers the past few days on suppliers of bronze turkeys for the Christmas market but they're all up the country. Anyone know of suppliers/farmers in Waterford or south KK or Tipp.

Thanks
    Carolinej

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm not sure if this farm had bronze turkeys but I read that they had turkeys last year. It's Pine Grove Farm in Whitfield/Butlerstown. Phone 051 - 399804

pinegrovefarmproduce@gmail.com

http://www.pinegrovefarm.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

deisemum wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this farm had bronze turkeys but I read that they had turkeys last year. It's Pine Grove Farm in Whitfield/Butlerstown. Phone 051 - 399804

pinegrovefarmproduce@gmail.com

http://www.pinegrovefarm.eu/

got sausages and pudding from there before... they were super ;)

Typhoon. wrote: »
    got sausages and pudding from there before... they were super ;)

Good to hear that, I haven't been out there yet, only heard of them recently as I'd like to get local chicken if it's not too expensive.

Do you just call out there on the specified afternoons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

I got it at the food fair in dunmore, the girl at the stall said ring anytime

I think ardkeen store may stock them but not 100%

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Bronze turkeys are no better than "ordinary" turkeys. Go free range.And I know what I'm talking about,we produced poultry at home and my mam was a poultry instructress.

• Advertisement

Bronze turkeys are no better than "ordinary" turkeys. Go free range.And I know what I'm talking about,we produced poultry at home and my mam was a poultry instructress.

Where was your mam a poultry instructress? I did poultry husbandry after I did the Leaving Cert and was known as a cockchoker ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

Do you know any farmer who we can buy direct from in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

what is a bronze turkey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

A turkey in a tanning booth?

leduke wrote: »
    what is a bronze turkey?

What’s the difference between white free range turkeys and bronze free range turkeys? Bronze and white free range turkeys are distinguishable by their plumage (feathers) but from an eating perspective, the difference is simply a matter of taste. Bronze free range turkeys are so called because of the bronze-like sheen to their plumage.

Bronze free range turkey meat is a shade darker than white free range turkey meat and has a subtle ‘gamey’ taste, bursting with natural juices. The Bronze was a result of breeding domestic free range turkeys brought over to America from Europe (18th century), with wild turkeys, resulting in a larger, meatier bird.

White free range turkey’s have a more delicate taste and are the more traditional option in Europe for Christmas dinner. This variety of free range turkey is the most familiar to us and characteristically has a broader breast than the bronze free range turkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Where was your mam a poultry instructress? I did poultry husbandry after I did the Leaving Cert and was known as a cockchoker ;)

How has no one picked up on this? You're a cock choker??

Soooo, if you feel like you're up to some 'choking' I've got a co....
    ....No, I can't. Sorry deisemammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Real name Linda Lovelace

• Registered Users Posts: 41 james405

carolinej wrote: »
    hi, there have been a few articles in the national newspapers the past few days on suppliers of bronze turkeys for the Christmas market but they're all up the country. Anyone know of suppliers/farmers in Waterford or south KK or Tipp.

Thanks
    Carolinej

Hey if your looking for Bronze Turkeys they them in Dawn Meats factory shop in Kilmacthomas Co Waterford, short supply but regular turkeys also!

The regular "free range" turkeys and ham can be ordered online for Christmas delivery on Dawns website!

http://www.thepremiumbutcher.ie/14-foods-for-christmas

Pine Grove Farm have white and bronze turkeys available. They also have goose, duck and chickens and pork available all year round.

Advertisement