Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodged money in AIB money machine in bank and error

Options
  • 02-12-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭

So I was down at the local AIB office to lodge cash and in order to skip the queue decided to lodge money using one of the lodgement machines. I put my card in and entered my pin number and when it asked for the cash on the screen I placed my 1st 50 euro note in the slot. The machine came up with an error message after the 50 euro went through and threw back my atm card, and swallowed up the 50 euro note. When I checked my balance to see if it was successfully lodged it wasn't so i went to the AIB assistant who made a call to verify if it went though or got retained/stuck in the lodgement machine. She took the details. She then came over with me to help me lodge the rest of the cash, which successfully went through according to the machine and on checking my balce after could verify this. She rang me back a half an hour later to say that she won't be able to find out about the 50 euro for another few working days. She said usually 90% of the time they can check the denominations that went through but on this occasion can't:confused: thus it will take a few working dyas.; Has this happened to anyone before. They can hardly try and do me out of 50 euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

CCTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Happened to me and was sorted out next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭billyhead

They said it will take a few days to verify so due to the weekend it will probaly be rectified (well better be anyway) somethime next week

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Happened to me and was sorted out next day.

Just wondering Vuzuggo did they contact you to let you know that the machine made a mistake or did they just credit your account electronically? Also did they explain what casued it?

• Advertisement

I told the guy on the day and he said he'd take my number. My phone wasn't working so I said I'd just pop in the next day. Did so and they credited my account there and then as the machine didn't balance the day before there was (my) fiver too much.

One more question. If they come back to me next week and say they have ballanced or checked the amounts in the lodgement machine and there is no surplus of €50 what steps should I take then. Should I write a letter to their head office. I went back to the bank yesterday afternoon just to get a copy of the customer complaint sheet the assistant filled out for my own records and mentioned to her about CCTV and she says there are none pointing at the lodgement teller machine:(.

I'd be very suprised if you have any issues. Notes don't just dissapear in the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fionn_uala_

Hey billyhead,
    I was just wondering if you got this sorted out okay, and roughly how long it took? It's just happened to me and I'm a bit worried because the machine seems to have swallowed €100 out of the amount I lodged :( I called the bank and the lady took my number and said she'd call once she knew anything, but I'm not sure how long it's gonna take :/ any help would be appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

you can rest assured that after 4 years this got sorted
    thing is people don't bother to come back and add their info to the collective

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement