Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Agency Recommendations

Options
  • 02-12-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is appropriate, if not, delete and apologies.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good agent for contract java, j2ee work in Munster. Anyone used anyone that they would recommend. PM me if you don't want to recommend publicly.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I don't see the point of using just one agency, you would be limiting yourself. Just put your CV out there, apply for lots of jobs off websites. Doing this will get your CV on file with various agencies, and they will then spam you with lots of jobs.

If one of the agents seems good and gets you a job then you can always stick with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

srsly78 wrote: »
    I don't see the point of using just one agency, you would be limiting yourself.
    I disagree with this point. You made that recommendation before and then never answered my question. See the last post in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Your question from the other thread was "Either way how is the person whose CV is being pushed going to know that they have been applied for the same job multiple times?".

If multiple agencies were to put your CV forward (assumedly without your permission), then so what? It's not your problem, it's theirs. I have never had any problems with stuff like this, so I don't understand your concern. With public profiles available like linked-in etc this could already be happening.

Advertisement