Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does Bressie get so much support/media exposure

Options
  • 02-12-2011 2:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Use it love the Blizzards but god he is so full of crap as a solo artist.Why the love in with him everywhere lately say over many other very good irish bands

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Its called being signed to Sony Music ;)

I actually don't think he's that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ray Foley loves him, dont know bout the rest really. He's not that bad though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Used to adore The Blizzards.

His solo stuff is shiite.
    Had to unfollow him on twitter as he's a pain in the hole.

Calling himself Bressie kind of annoyed me too, petty I know.

Today FM think he's great but I'm not sure who else does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

I like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He's garnered alot of support among the narrowheads who possess little knowledge of music and have no solid grounding in it.

I'm not a fan of his but I do respect the fact that he composes and performs his own material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Good agent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I think his twitter/facebook updates have alot to do with it.Seems to have more photos than songs at the moment
    Went to his gig in Limerick and it was wash out,only 70 people in Dolans warehouse which holds 450 and it was acting like he was a model or in a boyband lol

Its a shame cause he does write and play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

He is dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

He must not get that much support, I have no idea who you're talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

He's now a pop singer who can sing, writes his own stuff and he's easy on the eye. He has a lot more going for him than a lot of the rubbish that passes for chart music in the UK these days but I guess we have to knock him because we're Irish and that's the right thing to do! I bought his album and have listened to it a few times and I like most of it - it's manufactured pop and I wish him luck breaking into the market over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

i think he's crap

we have to endure him on RTE's new talent show now too!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

He's garnered alot of support among the narrowheads who possess little knowledge of music and have no solid grounding in it.

I'm not a fan of his but I do respect the fact that he composes and performs his own material.

what exactly is that supposed to mean ?

what exactly is the criteria for a "solid grounding in music" ?
    an ability to download it, an ability to listen to it, an ability to enjoy music no matter what its genre ?

glad though you redeemed yourself at the end of the post :cool:

as for some others here,its really endearing to realize the "nation of begrudgers" is still alive and well in Ireland ;)

dont like him "cause hes a tosser/twitter page is ****e/he acts like a model"
    really what your saying is your jealous of his success and for that reason alone you dont like him !
    Oh and for the record I personally.....
    A. didnt much like the blizzards
    B. Havent heard any of his solo stuff
    C. do play in a band

I know what I'd rather do every day so I say good luck to him, do it while you can, same as those loons jedward !

my 2c's worth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Having read this thread, I'm glad I've never heard of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

All he has r good intentions

Pass the dick bucket!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The Blizzards had some good material I will give them that much.

But I agree I think Bressie has lost it both musically with his solo material and via his media personality.

So glad I don't follow him on twitter/ hardly ever use it.

He should write less biased songs, no more "you can't stay young forever" type garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I have no idea who he is, but he sounds like a plonker if his professional name is also the nickname his friends use to refer to him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Mindkiller wrote: »
    I have no idea who he is, but he sounds like a plonker if his professional name is also the nickname his friends use to refer to him

Hes on that new talent show on RTE. Whatever i said about him before hes definately a right plonker for getting involved in that trash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

The Blizzards like many Irish bands had a moment ..some songs where ok and fitted the charts at the time but they & him where nothing special.Once the novelty of youth wears off many bands just are'nt good enough to go professiona and make a bone fida living from their musicl.Bressie or his agent knows this and they are milking rte for whatever might flow in the wake of diminishing returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

My friend interviewed him and said he was pompous and arrogant.

I think calling himself Bressie highlights this.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

I think he has a great voice and he does good performances, but bring back The Blizzards!! I used to think he was amazing and nobody else had heard of him, now I'm going off him because of this new found fame, and it's so wrong to be thinking like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,059 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He's had huge support since day one, I don't know of any genuine bands that had the marketing the blizzards had at their early stage, they had billboards ffs....There was a lot of cash spent on the blizzards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

He's had huge support since day one, I don't know of any genuine bands that had the marketing the blizzards had at their early stage, they had billboards ffs....There was a lot of cash spent on the blizzards.

Money for nothing really they were dire

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

He is the Rob Kearney of Irish music at the moment imo. Every single girl that I know is in love with him. The difference between him and Rob is that Rob has actual talent and isn't a complete plonker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I've caught clips of him on that talent show and I notice he likes to use the word 'contemporary' a lot. 'Contemporary' rock and 'contemporary' female vocalist (lol that's not even a genre)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Just listened to a couple of his singles there , hes obviously out to make money and not credible music. Each to their own .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,059 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I see he's smokes the pot now

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

bigpink wrote: »
    Use it love the Blizzards but god he is so full of crap as a solo artist.Why the love in with him everywhere lately say over many other very good irish bands

I think the answer to your question is fairly obvious - he's very easy on the eye! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Whats Bressie short for? Bresnald?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 CaptainScauld

Jim_Kiy wrote: »
    The Blizzards like many Irish bands had a moment ..some songs where ok and fitted the charts at the time but they & him where nothing special.
    The immediate were special but they split.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I see he's smokes the pot now
    I now have a tiny bit of respect for him.

Advertisement